X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: noob needs help

Originally posted by OOBXLR8R
    Ok here's the deal. I am working my way through the tutorials and I am stuck very early on. I am trying to build the sample room. I had no problem making the cube with the specified dimensions nor subtracting it. My problem came with adding the textures. I loaded up the texture file as instructed and selected the walls subdirectory. I selected the desired wall texture, then tried to select a wall to apply the texture to. Nothing turned blue as described in the tutorial. I am wondering if I must use some selection tool that was maybe not mentioned. This seems easy enough, but it is giving me th eblues:sour:
    Try double clicking the wall first and it will turn blue then open the texture menu and click the texture picture. You'll see the texture pic get a border then it should show up on your wall.

hope that helps-----Bodaddy

Comment

Static Mesh

It appears to me you know what your doing with this editor. I have just started learning to use it and it seem's to be lots of fun. But I have one problem. Some of my Static Mesh's I create are "solid" and others I can walk through.
      Do you know why this happens and if there is a way to fix it?

Example: I pulled the rocket launcher out of "WeaponStaticMesh.RocketLauncherPickup" package and made it a decoration in a large room. I was able to walk through it. Then from the same package I set a large RedeemerMissle and it was solid.

I've noticed about 3/4's the static mesh's I place in my room are walk through - ?

I appreciate anyones help.

Casey"WeaponStaticMesh.RocketLauncherPickup"

Comment

although I am noobier than you, the one time (so far that I had to deal with that) I used the collision tool in the static mesh browser. Don't know how it all works yet but I will. Look in the forum for the same question, I think theres one about blocking and covering your mesh with another object that will cause collision. Sorry I'm not more help. But I know you can find your answer in here somewhere.:noob: -----Bodaddy

Hey I just found a great thing on the 3dbuz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php site. Go there and register then to downloads then scroll down to the unreal tut (just before the maya stuff, then you will find a world of help that you can take home with you. Hope that helps, I'm loading up on stuff 2 :up:

Comment

how do u post viachels

Comment

great tutorial but how to add music? when i go to actor classes/music and i open file with music there is a critical error and the editor crash

Comment

However, later in this tutorial, I'll highlight some methods to create a skybox without a static mesh
              You say you will, but you never do.

Comment

i just finished all of the indoor tutourial, and i plan on doing the terrain one tommarow...this was a very helpfull tutorial

Comment

Great Job just what a begginner needs to know

thanks for taking the time to help us beginners thanks for people like you that care about others to take your time to post these tutorials thanks from richard im not a bigginer any more with map making but i did learn a thing or two from these tutorials

And, these tutorials were written by others:

Comment

this is really good and all but I would really apreciate links that give you a more specific and detail sites that have the subject "character design" insluding modeling,texturing and export to Unreal with Maya or 3ds max.

Comment

hi i am new with the unreal map editor and i am totaly confused with the brushes i need to make for a door to work can any 1 help me with this plz email me : haydon_jamieson@hotmail.com or add me to xfire : billa06

ty

Comment

i need help when am i able to play and fight other peple

Comment

Help Plz

I NEED HELP WITH MY UED IT WON'T WORK WHEN I STARET IT I CAN SEE THE BOTTONS ON THE SIDES BUT I CAN'T SEE THE Perspective viewportS IS JUST WHITE

HELP PLZ

Comment

yah thx and all but do u have tutorials on how to make maps for 2004 thx

Comment

its handy and its also good for 2004 rihgt?

Comment

w8 a sec. its good for 2004 tnx

Comment

Working...
                                X