Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a link on how to use teleporters only thing i cant seem to make work in it though is the emitter
    http://www.8ballshardware.com/articl...rtut/page1.cfm

Comment

where do i get UTed3.0???i have 2.0 it came with the game..... help please thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DKnight1104
        Heres a link on how to use teleporters only thing i cant seem to make work in it though is the emitter
        http://www.8ballshardware.com/articl...rtut/page1.cfm
        That link is broken, if you would of read my whole post.

Comment

Originally posted by neogeo0823
          like everyone has been saying: great tuts, man! but theres a few things i dont get.

also, i have a problem. when i went to make subtract a new cube for a skybox, all my terrain vanishes completely. theres nothing left and if i go to play the level as is, i die as soon as i spawn. i know that its not anything that is already wrong, because if i play the map before making the next cube, it works fine.

any solutions to this?

thanks advance
          Yeah, I had that once in the beginning of a map. I built a hollow box as a base. At one point (I still don't know how it happened) some of the textures of the base where linked somehow to some of the textures of the skybox (many UU's away). The base's properties had changed too, in that my ASVehicle points and the PlayerStart suddenly gave the error that they were in the geometry level, or level geometry (while they were clearly not (>16UU above gndlvl).
          I had to delete the base, rebuild all and add it again. Just to be sure I rebuilt the skybox aswell. It was all in the beginning, so it wasn't much work.

I hope this will help. Good luck :up:

Comment

download unrealed 3.0

I have unreal editor 2.0 and I would really like to know where I can get unrealed 3.0? All the online tutorials are for version 3.0. Can you please help?

Gordon Penny

Comment

lol thx for tuts i am so happy now i got my own small ...

DM-Room_of_doom

hhehehehehehhahahahahahha

Comment

I'm just starting. I'm on part II, where it explained how to merge the polys on the side of a staircase. I'm afraid the explanation is not good enough for my feeble mind. The stairs show a blue wireframe and I've got the side polys selected. I right-click and go to polygons > merge, but it doesn't work. i've still ogt a stupid number of polys on the flat face.

Can anyone explain how to mere polys?

Comment

As far as I can recall you select the brush, not the faces ( might be best to select it in wireframe) and then right click and merge polies.

bear in mind that some brushes/faces cannot be optimized beyond what they are already, it depends on the brush...

Comment

:bulb:

Comment

noob needs help

Ok here's the deal. I am working my way through the tutorials and I am stuck very early on. I am trying to build the sample room. I had no problem making the cube with the specified dimensions nor subtracting it. My problem came with adding the textures. I loaded up the texture file as instructed and selected the walls subdirectory. I selected the desired wall texture, then tried to select a wall to apply the texture to. Nothing turned blue as described in the tutorial. I am wondering if I must use some selection tool that was maybe not mentioned. This seems easy enough, but it is giving me th eblues:sour:

Comment

this should never be deleted or unsticked IMO
                        :up:
                        Originally posted by OOBXLR8R
                        Ok here's the deal. I am working my way through the tutorials and I am stuck very early on. I am trying to build the sample room. I had no problem making the cube with the specified dimensions nor subtracting it. My problem came with adding the textures. I loaded up the texture file as instructed and selected the walls subdirectory. I selected the desired wall texture, then tried to select a wall to apply the texture to. Nothing turned blue as described in the tutorial. I am wondering if I must use some selection tool that was maybe not mentioned. This seems easy enough, but it is giving me th eblues:sour:
                        maybe you should make a new thread, if havent already. im not sure people visit very much this thread to discuss, anyway i cant help you in your problem:bulb: :up:

Comment

This is a great tutorial but I'm still stuck with the whole door thing, leading to the other area.

Need tips like, how to move an entire rooms of objects, to line up better with the terrain area, i'd like to see a screenshot of your door farther out and how you connected it to the other level.

Comment

Re: noob needs help

Originally posted by OOBXLR8R
                            This problem is as old as the hills
                            Disable Antialias in our videp cards settings.

Comment

You can marque select the room and the obecjts in it ( though I would move the objects separately as they have funky pivots).

As for the terrain, you can set the terrain actor to snap to the grid, so you can line it up with your BSP more effectively.

Comment

Yes , Thanks much. For a noob like me with the best of intentions, I usually screw up more stuff than I make, So this TuT is invaluable to me. Can't wait for more.

P.S how bout showing me how to make a cowboy hat for my player

Thanks again----Bodaddy:noob:

Comment

Working...
                                X