This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corpsewalker
    i need to know more about the unrealed cause i dont know what the hell zoning is... or antiportals
    we've covered these both in depth in these forums..do a search...UDN will give you a start on both of these as well..

Comment

Hey, i'm a noob to map making and quite frankly THIS TUT RULZ!!!!
      I couldn't even make a cube before I found this tutorial.
      One thing tho is there a PDF of all the tut up to part 9? and r u gonna do a part on making ctf, dom and br maps??? PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSEEE???:cry: also you deserve a medal for this tut noctavigus
      o well bak to going thru the tut

Comment

Help with conecting terrain part to original part

I am having trouble near the end of terrain part 2 of the tutorial. I have made a tunnel exactly as the picture shows and hidden the gaps with a few static meshes. The problem is i dont know how to connect this tunnel to the original rooms without causing some kind of error. if a build a bsp cube next to the terrain cube, instead of the wall where the cube is dissappearing, it just deletes all of of my terrain. the tutorial is great, it's just i don't want to go any further until i have connected the two sections together

Comment

have you rebuilded it?
          dyou have also problems with the tunnel to your rooms, caus you have to make a cube around your way out of the terrain i think cause the unrealed cuts the cubes etc. in it...
          describe your problem perhaps a bit more e.g. what did you do exactly n what happens exactly...

Comment

thnx for suggesting i should try build all as that must have been the problem. It all works fine now after i clicked build all and my terrain has reappeared

Comment

I made a little basic tutorial, you can check it out here

Comment

are there any turtorials out there on how to create a character?

Comment

Great Help!

Great set of tuts! They have jumped started my map building skills. I created a link to your site on my site if you have a problem with that let me know and I will remove it. Take a look at my first map at http://www.laplanteiventures.com/games.htm.

Let me know what you think. I have to work on the textures & terrain.

Thanks!

ejlwolf32
                  ed@laplanteiventures.com

Comment

Is Noctivagus dead?

Comment

Hello!
                      Just another n00b here, who wants to try his hand at mapping.
                      When I get the first one done I'll post a link for it .
                      Wish Me Luck
                      Blasphemy_666

Comment

this is what ive been going crazy looking for thx for hekping those of us not quite computer genius's (and to old to learn it our lifetimes.) I agree with valkyre lets do the mapping i'll play later!!!

Comment

Originally posted by \/\/0RF
                          Is Noctivagus dead?
                          no he has been gone for awhile, i frequent the architonic forums and no he's not dead just gone, for awhile anyways. I forgot where to tho :/ also i wish i had learned mapping through these tuts first, good stuff for n00bs : )

Comment

Every once and a while the top button (such as the static mesh browser) stop working. I try to click on them and nothing happens. Anyone know why this is?

Comment

Im very sorry for adding yet another question to the hundreds but they should be quick answers and I have done some research and im ticked :P

1)How do you make sky boxes show up when you play ONLINE?
                              2)How can I get the noises on lifts louder, without making level noise louder (levelproperties), like how did epic do it?

THX!

Comment

Please help with lifts!!!

Hey... Im having trouble with the lifts.... I choose a static mesh and press the Add Mover button and nothing happens at all... am I doing something wrong or what? (BTW the static mesh I am trying to add is elevDave from the AntalusStatic package.)

Comment

Working...
                                X