Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I took off building this map waiting on part 6 -- and hosed all my work.

So when people tell you save/rename/save/rename/save/rename they really mean it! The editor can crash everything you have done.

*bump*

Comment

At Lo-o-o-o-ong last...

Hey Folks,

Part 6 of the tutorial is finished, but it's only Part I of the terrain tutorial, which covers the basics along with how to generate quick terrain. I plan to have Part 7/Part II of the terrain tutorial finished tonight. It shouldn't take nearly as long to finish as the first, so hopefully by the time you work through the first part, part 2 will be ready.

I'll keep you all posted.

And, if you find any technical errors in the tutorial, let me know.

Also, I didn't want to clutter up this board with an off-topic message for this, so I figured I'd post a request here. Is there anyone out there who has a little background in PHP web programming that would be willing to devote a little time? There are a couple of things I'd like to have set up for my PlanetUnreal website, and I'm at a loss when it comes to this. I wouldn't demand a lot of your time--just a little help with getting the scripts to work correctly on the website. If you're interested, let me know at Noctivagus@mindspring.com, and we'll discuss how you might be able to lead this blind man to the PHP light. Thanks!

Take care,
      Noctivagus

Comment

w00t thanx mate, well done

Comment

Bump

eagerly awaiting : Part VII: Terrain Part II »»

Comment

YESSS!!!!

I almost thought you quit the project...

Moderator, can this please be made a sticky? It's important that all beginners go through the tutorial first.

Comment

Don't know what I did wrong but my terrain was going through the bottom of my cube if I made any hills. Also you didn't explain how to set the ambient brightness back to normal. I tried going back into the zoneinfo actor but the option was gone :bulb: .

Nice tutorial though I could actually understand it.

Comment

Good stuff!

Can't wait to see the rest of you tutorials when they are finished!
                Keep up the good work

Comment

thx for your great tutorial, it's the best one and easy to understand
                  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by SniperXx
                    Don't know what I did wrong but my terrain was going through the bottom of my cube if I made any hills. Also you didn't explain how to set the ambient brightness back to normal. I tried going back into the zoneinfo actor but the option was gone :bulb: .

Nice tutorial though I could actually understand it.

should be able to find the zoneinfo actor with the " Search for Actors button" looks like a set of binoculars. locate the zoneinfo double click it and then close the window, now you can right click on it to adjust its properties. sometimes the "search for actors button" places you right on top of the actor and you need to move the camera back to get at it.

Comment

Wow guyz
                      this tut rox!
                      Thanks for the good work
                      I built some maps for UT only to learn the editor and this tut refreshed my will of mapping.... I must definitely start build up something.

PS: if u want to take a look ..
                      http://andyaxter.virtualave.net/downloads.htm

Cya all
                      Ax

Comment

ur my new god :haha:

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial! helped me getting started. What I really need now is a tut to import static meshes/brushes from maya 4/ maya ple/ 3dsmax. look at my thread;
                          http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=224005

Comment

What's this thread doing on the 4th page?

Comment

Noctivagus is tha man :up:, he did the impossible, learn me to make a map

Comment

Re: At Lo-o-o-o-ong last...

Originally posted by Noctivagus
                                Hey Folks,

Part 6 of the tutorial is finished, but it's only Part I of the terrain tutorial, which covers the basics along with how to generate quick terrain. I plan to have Part 7/Part II of the terrain tutorial finished tonight. It shouldn't take nearly as long to finish as the first, so hopefully by the time you work through the first part, part 2 will be ready.

I'll keep you all posted.

And, if you find any technical errors in the tutorial, let me know.

Also, I didn't want to clutter up this board with an off-topic message for this, so I figured I'd post a request here. Is there anyone out there who has a little background in PHP web programming that would be willing to devote a little time? There are a couple of things I'd like to have set up for my PlanetUnreal website, and I'm at a loss when it comes to this. I wouldn't demand a lot of your time--just a little help with getting the scripts to work correctly on the website. If you're interested, let me know at Noctivagus@mindspring.com, and we'll discuss how you might be able to lead this blind man to the PHP light. Thanks!

Take care,
                                Noctivagus
                                I know I will sound like a pest, but how is part 7 doing?
                                Great job!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X