Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with an advanced warpzone effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with an advanced warpzone effect.

Ok. I am trying to add a very cool effect in my map which I am sure will require a lot of work, but if I can get it right, will be very awesome. First off, the defenders in my assault map start in a central room. There are four teleporters - with a twist. The teleporters have roughly the shape of the bombing run goals, only with a shiny screen inside of the circular shape, which actually shows you where the teleporter leads. Now when you touch the screen it will seemlessly teleport (IE, warp zone) you inside a wormhole, which will dump you exactly where the picture on the screen depicted. So, how would I do this I've already got my tunnel complete, with physics volume, I just need to know how to do the rest.

you mean the actual teleportation? here's a tutorial on teleporters:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ExampleMapsTeleporters

I would imagine you would just teleport the players from the starting point...to the tunnel and have the physics volume move you to the other end of the tunnel where the next teleporter is and that teleports you to where you want it

Comment

Is it possible to make a warpzone usable only by the defending team? If so, how? And I suppose I did not properly explain what I wanted. I think I know how to do it now though I plan on having two teleporter areas. Both will be warpzones linking to each other, HOWEVER, I will put a teleporter next to them, so instead of directly being able to use the warpzones, you get teleported into the wormholes when you go near them. The purpose for the warp zones is just to show you where you will end up when you step in it

Comment

Working...
      X