• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Technology Help Videos

For heaps of helpful videos and classes check out: www.masteringunreal.com

wicked!

Comment

no kiddin i thought i knew alot and i still learned a few cool things.:up: :up:

Comment

brillant!

Comment

Originally posted by CTFX1
          no kiddin i thought i knew alot and i still learned a few cool things.:up: :up:
          kool
          ya thanks for finding them here and bringthem over there

im now excited to open ued insted of scared

Comment

oh hey there stif your on this forum too?

Comment

Sweet

Awesome! THis video tutorials really helped me get started with mapping. If you search around the site there are almost 20 hours of UT2k3 videos for beginner level to advanced.

Keep up the good work guys!

Comment

Anyone know what the deal is with their training courses? You have to register to take one, I'm assuming they cost something. Anyone know the price? I couldn't find much information on them on the site other than the content covered.

Comment

COST IS FREE

Cost is FREE! Although, you do need to register on the site, get a username and password. Just click Become A Member in the upper left to register. After you're registered, go to Video Training on the top bar, and then Unreal VTM's. All the videos that are shown are free to download! When you click download, read over the agreement that pops up and say I agree and the download begins.

Comment

Re: COST IS FREE

Originally posted by Sajre
                    Cost is FREE! Although, you do need to register on the site, get a username and password. Just click Become A Member in the upper left to register. After you're registered, go to Video Training on the top bar, and then Unreal VTM's. All the videos that are shown are free to download! When you click download, read over the agreement that pops up and say I agree and the download begins.
                    I wasn't referring to the VTMs, but rather the online classes they offer. However, I did go to the main 3dbuzz.com site and noticed the courses were labeled as free, so apparently that answers my question.

From the course description page:

The Unreal Online Courses are a series of classes, which each specialize in one area of content creation using Unreal Technology. These courses are meant to be completed entirely at the student’s own pace, as there is no set time for each lesson. Each class is meant to be separate from all others, so that a student who wishes to learn the fundamentals of level design need not take the class over vehicle design. The classes themselves are divided into modules, some classes will be comprised of a single module, and some will span several. Each module will be taught through VTM lectures, after which the student will be given completion quizzes covering the information discussed in each lesson. Following the completion of all lessons and quizzes, the student will be given a series of assignments to test the amount of absorbed knowledge. These tests are typically completed within the given program, but may sometimes involve writing assignments as well. After all assignments are complete, the student will have to take a set of final tests. These will tests will cover application of theories presented in the lectures, as opposed to the completion quizzes which are meant to verify that a student has watched the entire lesson. If a student successfully completes the final tests, they will be eligible to complete the final project, which will be a cumulative, hands-on assignment involving all material taught throughout the module.

The classes are each supplemented by their own set of point-based forums, in which a student may ask questions to gain help from other classmates. Each time a student does this, he or she assigns a point value to the question, and those points are then awarded to the first classmate who acceptably answers it. Points can also be awarded at the discretion of the instructors for exceptional work on assignments or projects. Each student begins the class with 1000 points, and can spend or earn them as they work alongside their peers. This system is intended to promote a sense of friendly competition, as well as student help and interaction within the virtual classroom.

Once again, these classes are designed to be completed at the student’s own pace. Since each lecture is a downloadable video, there is no need for classes to meet at a given time. This means you are free to take each lesson whenever you wish, and not have to worry about any deadlines that might conflict with other obligations.
                    Here's the page listing the courses that are offered: Unreal Technology Online Classes

Comment

The 3dbuzz.com lessons are great, may take a while to download but shows u how to do loads of stuff.

They have actually inspired me to make some maps for this Version of UT (made a couple of maps for UT1 for the Fragball Mod) and i still have some funky ideas which hopefully will make some great maps.

Comment

btw, there's apparently some new sets of video tuts on unreal that went out with some graphics mag, with a ton more stuff on ut2k3.

i was OK with max, and OK with UED when ut2k3 came out. i gotta say that 3dbuzz not only helps you get on your feet, but i CONSTANTLY go back and watch newbie vids just cuz i always, always inevitably learn a couple more tricks by simply watching the workflow or the shortcuts (especially in max, my god).

i love these guys... and i hope somebody is studying their impact, cuz as an educational project this is perhaps the best example i know of a, EFFECTIVE free "cyber-university."

Comment

I can't play the videos because I do not have winRAR. So do all of you guys have it? I do not want to pay $30 for it.

Comment

you can download a free zip utility called ultimatezip @ here its wonderfull, its free and it does everything no ads no trials no bs

Comment

SWEEEET!

Comment

Working...
                              X