AIMarker: Nav point imbedded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIMarker: Nav point imbedded?

Whenever I do a Build All, I get an error saying "AIMarker1: Navigiation point imbedded in level geometry."

So, I double-click the name and it snaps to the supposed nav point, but there's nothing there at all, let alone something in the geometry.

Any ideas?

Maybe you got some stuff set to hidden from before.
    Sometime if you got AP's in your level too they can fug the view up so you dont see anything.

Comment

Hmm... Well I clicked Show All Actors, and nothing came up. I do have an AP, but it's definately not hiding this elusive nav point...

Is there a way to select an actor, even if you can't see it? Instead of just focusing the viewport onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Stein
        Is there a way to select an actor, even if you can't see it? Instead of just focusing the viewport onto it.
        If you go to 'Edit->Search for Actors' you can browse through a list of ALL actors in your level by object name. You can select any of the objects by double-clicking on it's name in the list, and when you close the dialog box, the viewport will attempt to focus in on the object - even if it is not visible, you can still access it's properties by pressing F4 (as long as you have selected the object from the list).

Comment

Hes done this, its part of the error reporting in the editor.

The only other thing I can think of is select an identical actor to the one embedded in geometry, right click and there should be a bunch of seclection options. Top of the list is "select all of xxx", xxx being the actor you have selected. Now you can either move them and see if this one pops up or the rror stops, or delete them all and start again.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the tips, guys. In the end, I managed to get into its properties, but there was no bVisible tag or anything. So, because it was supposedly just under the floor, and the floor was static meshes, I just lowered the BSP part of the floor so the marker wasn't imbedded, and with no visible difference to the environment.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X