that guy that stands there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that guy that stands there

how do i get the character model (when modeling weapons) to sit there so i can align the gun?

add an xpawn to a substracted cube and malcom will appear in standard position.

if you want him for example in a driver position goto the animation browser, select package thundercrash and active the vehicel_driving animation (or any other want) and use view->'sync level actors' and the xpawn will change to the chosen animation.

rightlick on the pawn and convert it to a static mesh. it will ask you for the package and a name, just put it into the mylevel package temporarily.

now delete the xpawn and put the retrieved static mesh from him in there. goto file->export and save it to an .obj file which you are able to import into maya (and i'm sure also into max).

hope i could help, good luck :up:

edit: watch out, the static mesh will be smaller then the xpawn. so if you want it 1:1 you need to resize it first.
    edit2: the sm needs drawscale ~2.6, just figured that out

Comment

Add an xPawn and an UnrealScriptedSequence. Set the AI >> AIScriptTag of the xPawn to the Tag of the UnrealScriptedSequence. Empty the AIScript >> Actions and make a new Action_SetPhysics >> PHYS_Walking. Thar you go.

Comment

Working...
      X