How do i model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i model?

This may seem stupid but i searched and searched but how do i make models (ie. Xan, Malcom)

you would use maya (included with the cds or DVDs that yyou got) or 3DS max, both are 3d editing and modeling programs. What do you mean you want to make xan? he is an unlockable character so you wont have to make him from scratch.

Comment

no no no i was using that as an example. I aactually want to do some simpson stuff and my own. where can i get these programs u speak of? and if they are on the disc where at?

Comment

In the disc version, D:Ut2004/extras/mayaPLE

Max you have to buy

Comment

i belive gmax is free ver. of Max

Comment

ya i had gmax, came with c&c renegade... i found the maya... does anyone know of a begginer tutorial much like the UEditor one at the from of this forum?

Comment

Goto 3dbuzz, Register, then to Downloads. In the Unreal Technology section Download Issue 6. If you have Cable or DSL do it, but if you are on a 56k modem you might want to find something else as these are VTM(video training modules)s that are fairly large in size. At anyrate, this particulare Issue of VTMs deals with Maya and Character Modeling.

Comment

is it those ones that pop up when u start maya?

Comment

No. They are videos of Buzz(actually one of his students I believe) making a character Model and explaining what he's doing. Very good stuff, check it out.

There's also a ton of other stuff covered in other VTMs concerning UT2k3/4 editing as well as Maya, 3dsMax, and a bunch of other apps you can use.

Comment

I would suggest working with gmax since you have it because it's pretty easy to use. I use to make maps for C&C: Renegade wtih gmax and it was easier than maya is now Oo. Any plus, it's almost the same as 3ds max, so if you use that for a little while then somehow get 3ds max later you'll be accustomed to it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandorski
                      Goto 3dbuzz, Register, then to Downloads. In the Unreal Technology section Download Issue 6. If you have Cable or DSL do it, but if you are on a 56k modem you might want to find something else as these are VTM(video training modules)s that are fairly large in size. At anyrate, this particulare Issue of VTMs deals with Maya and Character Modeling.

Yes , very true, the buzz videos are excellent.

BUT, don`t just register and go directly to dloads, don`t be a leecher. Use the forums and be a part of the community.

Comment

ya ok... i like UEd... ok i love it... it there a wa i can model within that? or no... also what are some good sites for beginner artists on UPaint

Comment

If your aim is to make a character, you're going to want to use either Maya or 3DSMax. :up:

Comment

ok ty

Comment

Originally posted by (341)SCOPE
                              Yes , very true, the buzz videos are excellent.

BUT, don`t just register and go directly to dloads, don`t be a leecher. Use the forums and be a part of the community.
                              Yes, excellent point. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X