Using ONS Vehicles in Non-Onslaught Mode :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ONS Vehicles in Non-Onslaught Mode :p

Okay, I know Onslaught supports a number of vehicles, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get those vehicles to spawn on a map that's NOT an Onslaught map. I wanted to use one in a cutscene by having my Pawn walk up to it and drive it off, so I'd like to get it working under the unrealgame.cinematicgame gametype.

In UT2K3 the only vehicle was the BullDog, but you could add Bulldog meshes and the vehicle would pop into any level regardless of its gametype (allowing you, the player, to drive it around). This functionality no longer works in UT2K4. And like I said, I can't get any of the Onslaught vehicles to spawn correctly in a level so my Pawns can drive them (I'm just copying/pasting the vehicle factories right out of on ONS-Crossfire).

What am I missing? I saw a guy who posted to start your map name with ONS, but I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried setting my gametype to Onslaught and couldn't even get them to pop in that, so I'm missing something. Any help will be appreciated.

Don't place the VehicleFactories; place the vehicles themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by robo422
      Don't place the VehicleFactories; place the vehicles themselves.
      I'm having the same problem, and when I try this the vehicles disappear immediately upon the level starting. Actually, when I place the vehicles themselves in Onslaught maps, they disappear there, too.

I see the vehicles in UnrealEd, but they aren't there in UT2004. When I try it with a Bulldog, I see a little explosion right when the map starts, and with everything else, there's just nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, but the vehicles didn't show up. I'm adding the Hellbender from the Actor Browser...

Actor > Pawn > Vehicle > SVehicle > ONSVehicle > ONSWheeledCraft > ONSPRV

But again, it's not showing up. Do I need to grab it from somewhere else?

Comment

You need to have VSOverride to place vehicles in any gametype other than Assault and Onslaught

Do a search for it.

Comment

Working...
          X