Meshes in Maya 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meshes in Maya 5

I have been trying to use impersonator for awhile now, but I can't figure out how to import meshes from psk files to add the necessary bones. As the topic title says, I am using Maya 5 with a working Actorx plugin (I don't actually know what I need that for).

I've been looking for the answer for awhile and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bump

I figured that a lot of people would ask this but I haven't found any posts regarding this so...

Comment

Seriously, does no one know? Or do you have no idea what I'm talking about?

Comment

You may want to ask the question at the Alias Wavefront Forums.

Comment

Okay, I have posted at Alias without much luck as well. I seriously can't believe that this hasn't come up before.

Comment

I'd really like to answer your question, but I haven't tried any kind of Animating yet. From what I have gleaned, you probably need to use Milkshape to convert your psk file to something that Maya recognizes(don't know what format Maya uses).

So, find out what format Maya uses/can Import. Then find out if MilkShape can convert from psk to that particular format. If it will, there's a possible solution.

I assume this is a full version of Maya 5 and not the PLE version: Try looking for a Plugin that recognizes/Uses psk files specifically. ActorX does mostly Export from Maya to UEd, I don't think it adds any kind of Import functionality(could be wrong).

Comment

It wouldn't appear as though MilkShape can export to anything that Maya will understand.

I thought that I had figured this out, but I must have been wrong, how would I get the ukx converted to a psk/psa?

Thank you for trying to help, it just boggles my mind that no one has ever tried to open the existing Unreal folks in Maya...

Comment

Working...
              X