Pawns have a mind of their own??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pawns have a mind of their own??

Alright, so have this matinee that I'm working on and things are running smooth (except for the disappearing heads, don't ask, I don't know why) until I want my pawns to fire in a particular direction. I set up a Shoot Target and had the pawns fire at it. Problem is the pawns want to fire in another dircetion for no reason. They do face the Shoot Target that I want them to, it's just the rounds from the weapons that fly off in an odd direction.
    I've checked for naming conflicts. I've tried Shoot Targets and Look Targets. I've even tried to remove "distracting" actors they may be "drawing fire". No go.
    My set of actions for the pawn is to SETVIEWTARGET to the Shoot Target, drop a WAITFORTIMER of .5 secs to give the engine room to work, and then FIREWEAPON with primary fire set to true. Here's the kicker. This is the set up recommended by the tuts by 3DBuzz on the UT2K4 SE DVD and I already had a series of actions that followed this method and they worked well. So I know that the Shoot Targets and Look Targets should work. I've checked to make sure that there was no conflict between the previous set of targets and actions that required firing weapons. What gives? If the pawns would strictly do as they were told it would be tons easier but there is a bunch of junk getting in the way I'm sure.
    By the way, (to get a little off subject) why didn't Epic include focus filters in Matinee? Focus is such a massive part of film language that to do without is like taking half the English language and making it off-limits when writing a novel. For all of you that think I'm being annoying or pretentious go and pick your favorite (action) film and watch real close like. See where they used focus or the lack there of, can you see why it is a big deal?
Working...
X