Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lol. after all that!
    well I got it to work,(using g16ed) thanks for the tips!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh sure now you tell us

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can mirror the terrain in Ued by using negative scale.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's simple...first import the heightmap into the texture browser (in the broser>import>select texture and put it in myLevel) make sure it's highlighted in the browser too...then find your terrain info (if you can't find it then use edit>search for actors>name:terrain) then go to it's properties>terrainInfo>Terrainmap and click the use button and it'll use the new heightmap...rebuild and the changes should be in effect

*also since you're rotating your terrain info you'll probably have to export the alphamaps for the terrain textures as well and rotate them too since they're set for the old heightmap...to do that...just go into the properties again>terraininfo>layers and clicks your layers and you'll see the alphamap setting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok. I am still having an issue with trying to rotate my terrain. I downloaded the G16ed editor. I go into UED, and open up the Terrain browser, and open up my maps package. I find the terrainheightinfo texture, and save it (it automatically saves as a 16bitgreyscale .bmp file). I can then use theG16ed program to open this file up, and it shows my terrain as a greyscale image. I rotated it 180 degrees, and saved it under a new filename.

Now how do I get this modified bmp greyscale into my map? In the terrain editor, there is only 'export' as an option. I tried to use the import button off the main 'file' menu at the top, but that didn't work. Do I have to create a new terrain info actor and then somehow modify that??
    anyone out there who can help me?

*me=frustrated*:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!
    I have photoshop (but am pretty clueless at it), and will try it in there first. If that doesn't work, Ill have a look at the link.

UED really SHOULD be able to do this though. I don't see why it can't. I keep getting more and more frustrated with this prog. (mostly from it constantly crashing)

thanks for the tips!

(edit *seperate staticmesh issue fixed.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah definately...forgot about that program

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martingbell/ut2003/

check out g16ed. Just in case you dont own ps :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    export the heightmap...open it in photoshop or something....rotate it in there...resave and reimport...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic yet another terrain question

yet another terrain question

once you have made a nice looking bit of terrain, is there any way to rotate it? I have half a levels terrain built, and it would be so much easier to just duplicate it, and rotate it around to the other side so the level is symmetrical. I can duplicate the terrain, and move it around, but it doesn't seem to want to rotate (?) Should this be possible, or not?
Working...
X