X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ued, supports only 3 faced polygons???

{new_thread_prefill}
    i read somewhere that ued supports only 3 faced polygon?WTF
    if so ANY of my models will work in ued(never imported a model to ued coz my plugin that comes with the game is broken)can you explain me that?
    and wtf is with the ''{new_thread_prefill}'' that is already in the "new thread''

You can make the polygons as many faces as you want in the modelling program, and they'll automatically be split into triangles on import.

Comment

phew thanks for replying
      (are you sure)
      so this wont get scrwed up when i import it (sure i will remove some faces in front parthttp://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=407294

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
        You can make the polygons as many faces as you want in the modelling program, and they'll automatically be split into triangles on import.
        oh cool to know, i always thaught you had to triangulate manualy.

Comment

If you show hidden edges in any 3d program you'll see every polygon is made up of Tris. It's best to work with hidden edges shown so you can manipulate them better to get the shape you want.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
            oh cool to know, i always thaught you had to triangulate manualy.
            I'm pretty sure you DO need to triangulate manually (at least for Maya anyway - otherwise the mesh will be screwed up inside of UED).

Comment

I only find that's the case if the mesh includes holes. In which case, axmesh's auto-triangulate fubars the mesh pretty thoroughly. When people say 'manually triangulate', I think getting in there with the split polygon tool, though, not selecting triangulate from the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron M
                I'm pretty sure you DO need to triangulate manually (at least for Maya anyway - otherwise the mesh will be screwed up inside of UED).
                are you SURE, if so:weird: :cry: :cry: :weird:

Comment

Dunno about Maya. I use Max and I've never had to manually triangulate, although sometimes I'll want to do that in certain areas where it's triangulating it in the wrong direction. (Similar problem with Terrain if you look in my Terrain Tutorial at the Edge Turn description)

Comment

Wtf? Triangulating manually in Maya is no big deal. You go Polygons --> Triangulate when in the Modelling menu set.

Comment

OMG really:weird: ? OMG thanks

Comment

I love you Ein Stein

Comment

now i need a working maya to ued plugin :weird:

Comment

in my experience so far, the current (UT2004) Maya PLE exporter does an OK job of auto-triangulation on export, but imo it's usually better to triangulate in the app first (as mentioned) because it gives you more control over the final surface. judicious flipping of triangle edges can be beneficial to the final surface effect, especially with low-poly models.

Comment

no, i mean that my plugin dosent work, it gives me an error when trying to install

Comment

Working...
                              X