Creating a cubemap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a cubemap?

I want to do a cubemap for a building I'm working on...it'll reflect everything else in the area of course but I'm not sure how to make one...like the dm-plunge meshes where it has a reflection of the buildings around it...I found one tutorial on how to make it for like water but I don't know what pitch roll and yall settings I need to do for a building...

Open up the "AW-Cubes" texture package and take a look at the images used for the Junk or Bright texture environment maps.

It's a 6 sided image of up,down,left,right and front.
    You can do the same by jumping into your map and stand facing outward where the cubemap will be placed and take screenshots of these areas. Then in photoshop condense the images down to 128x128 images and export as DXT3 taking care to number them in the right order. If you copy the images that are used in the Junk cube(elecC00-elecC05), make sure they have a similar number. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but something like having the left side being 0 and the right being named 1 or something. Import into UED, and create a cubemap, and add the images in the right order in the cube menu. Them make a texture environment map, and add the cubemap in its selection.
    Experiment with EM_WorldSpace or EM_CameraSpace settings in the TEM to get the right effect your looking for.
    Typically, if your using a weapon with a tem, you use Camera space and a player model uses WorldSpace but its up to you.

Comment

http://www.slayweb.com/tutorials/tut1.php

S'for water but you'll get the idea.

Comment

Thanks

I know I'm 4 years late, but thanks!

Comment

..Did you really need to bump this thread?

Comment

Working...
          X