backdrops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backdrops

Anybody would like to tell me how to make a backdrop. I've read several tutorials but they are hard to understand. Or can someone link me to a good, clear tutorial! Thanks

Re: backdrops

Originally posted by TommyLai
    Anybody would like to tell me how to make a backdrop. I've read several tutorials but they are hard to understand. Or can someone link me to a good, clear tutorial! Thanks
    You mean skybox???:weird: :weird:

If so follow these easy steps

1. Make a 1014x1024x1024 cube in a part where you won't be using to create you map.

2. In that cube place a skyzone actor (Actors, info, skyzone)

3. Texture the cube.

4. Create a cube in your map where you want the sky to be viewed, and select all the faces to be "fakebackdrop" (F5, flags, fakebackdrop)

5. To see if its work press the build button, then on your realworld view port right click at the top and go to view backdrop, if its worked you will see it.

Hope that helps mate.

MsM:up:

Comment

I hope this will help you. leveldesigner.com

And these Videos should help out.

Comment

SkyBox not working help!

YourNan I tried what u said and it doesn't work. I have a map which is a big box with a house in it and texture of clouds in that big box. I just set that big box as a fake back drop. Then I made that 1024X1024X1024 cube next to my big box. And I added the SkyZone actor in that box. Set the texture to the same clouds. When I rebuild and do show backdrop, my clouds in my orignial box are just black now. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong???

Comment

Probably there's no light in your skybox. Try to make all skybox textures unlit or change the skybox zone light. (SkyZoneInfoProperties>ZoneLight>AmbientBrightness )

Comment

backdrop

k i got it thx.
            But my backdrop looks squarish. Hence the box. Is there anything i can do to not make it look squarish? On a side note, is there anyway to make a sphere in ut?

Comment

Working...
            X