after patch 3270 UnrealEd.exe is corrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after patch 3270 UnrealEd.exe is corrupt

i cant lauch UnrealEd.exe the file is corrupt, i m not sure but maybe since the patch? have/had anyone this prob too?

What does the error message say?

Comment

Delete your unrealed.ini and try again

Comment

i get 2 error messages on my windows98

translated they are:

1. the file E:\games\ut2004\system\unrealed.exe is corrupt. reinstall the file and try again.

2. this programm cannot run under windows because invalid format

i have reinstalled unreal and the editor works until i install the patch 3270! in previous patches works the editor!

Comment

If deleting your unrealed.ini doesn't work, and deleting your ut2004.ini doesn't work, try installing the patch again, or have a friend send you his unrealed.exe.

Comment

I have the exact same problem,deleting the ini doesn't help.It's more a problem of the program not being compatible with some versions of windows, probably something they forgot during the compilation of the source.Or the new added functions that require Windows XP "power".
            I heard about a couple other people with the same problem.

w4rBot:what is your configuration?
            I am using windows98 in a french version,it seems that you are also using a foreign version of windows.

FYI the unrealed version of patch 3236 works without problems,I suggest reinstalling patch 3236,then making a copy of the unrealed.exe file,then installing patch 3270 then replace unrealed.exe with the previous version.

Comment

You probably can use setup.exe to uninstall it if it was a umod.

Comment

Nope,
                you can't uninstall the patches with setup.exe

Comment

Are you running win98?

Comment

Originally posted by w4RB0t
                    i get 2 error messages on my windows98

yeah he is

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTao
                      [...]
                      FYI the unrealed version of patch 3236 works without problems,I suggest reinstalling patch 3236,then making a copy of the unrealed.exe file,then installing patch 3270 then replace unrealed.exe with the previous version.
                      Or just install win Xp (Eng)

Comment

Not to sure if it will work,but anyway.

If you still have the latest patch in.
                        Try draging your ut2004 patch 3236 to winrar,extract the ed.exe,and put it in your ut/system folder.

Worth a try i suppose...

Comment

i have now two different folder one for playing with 3270 and one for 3236

copeing the 3236-file into the 3270 folder works too, but i m not sure that is good if the editor is 3236 and all the other dll and whatever-files are on 3270, i think it's better to use the whole 3236 version

Comment

Originally posted by w4RB0t
                            i have now two different folder one for playing with 3270 and one for 3236

copeing the 3236-file into the 3270 folder works too, but i m not sure that is good if the editor is 3236 and all the other dll and whatever-files are on 3270, i think it's better to use the whole 3236 version
                            No problem you can use the 3270 patch with the editor from 3236.

Comment

Same here

If you copy the old patch over the new one..Then save the UnrealED .exe somewhere else, install new patch again, then just drag and drop the old UnrealEd.exe, into systems folder, it will replace it, and then they both work fine..for me..I am on Windows 98SE and that worked also..So I found out with a litle experimentation..

Comment

Working...
                              X