Grating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grating

Okay, im trying to put a grate texture (one that you can see through) over a hole, on a cube brush. But when I build all, it turns black and in the game it makes a weird effect. The way I found to solve the problem was making the brush 1 unit smaller on each side so its 'floating' in the hole. But one of the textures in the hole has turned black and weird now!

Is there any fix?

care to post a picture for us to see?

Comment

ok...

Comment

Its kind of hard to see, but its the best I could do

Comment

HELLO???

Comment

That's because there is nothing under the grate. I'll bet you're talking about a HOM effect. You'll need to cut the hole (box) the size tht you want the grate to be, then place a plane over that hole (exact size as the box) and apply the grate to that.

Comment

also remember that sheets dont collide. so youll fall through the sheet. add a blocking volume.

Comment

Originally posted by C+R Combo
                That's because there is nothing under the grate. I'll bet you're talking about a HOM effect. You'll need to cut the hole (box) the size tht you want the grate to be, then place a plane over that hole (exact size as the box) and apply the grate to that.
                Ummm.....

I did, its there. See? The bottom is black, thats what I said. Its still there. Kinda

And its not a sheet, its a cube

Comment

Select the surfaces and make sure it doesn't have 'fake backdrop' checked.

Comment

Alternatively send one of us the map by pming us and getting our email address. Then let us tell you what you've done wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X