Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots ignore lifts - help? Please?

Mapping for UT2004...

I have 2 lifts. bots ignore both. I've read 3 different tutorials and have watched the lift botpathing section of the VTMs that shipped with the DVD version.

I've checked and double-checked my lift tags and lift exit and center tags. I've renamed them and then double-checked them.
    I'm added incentives near the lift exits (minihealthpack & andrenaline as well as a flak cannon and ammo).

After all this, and yes, I totally rebuilt paths - several times, they still ignore the lifts! They come get the incentives from other directions, but when watching them in "showAI" their desire lines don't even register the lift is there. The come get the incentive, then turn around and go the opposite direction.

I've checked the path lines in UED and the pink arrows go both directions from lift exits to lift center and back, and there are green and blue lines from nearby pathnodes and inventory spots to the liftexits.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong? What have I missed?

I'm so frustrated with this that I'm willing to e-mail the map to someone for a closer look if no one has any suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

put the bots on godlike. there is a bug that stops low level bots using lifts. :sour:

Comment

I've checked the path lines in UED and the pink arrows go both directions from lift exits to lift center and back, and there are green and blue lines from nearby pathnodes and inventory spots to the liftexits.
      You say there are green and blue lines, like that might be ok....those need to be addressed. The lines should be white. The path is probably too narrow or there's something that the bots don't like about them.

I'd be more than happy to look at the map for you. :up:
      I'm at work, right now, until 6pm. (central/USA) But I could check it out, when I get home.

Comment

White good? Colored Bad? RACISM! OMGEPICPLZFIX!!!!!

Comment

I will have a look at it. Send it to me at

[Try my latest "VCTF-CARBONCove" "VCTF-BIGBASH2" "VCTF-AARDVarklaunch" and also MagMortisV2 upgrade and DodeckaV2 upgrade and all the others!!

And dont forget to patch your server to the latest patch 3236!

Get all 11+ VCTF Maps and stuff here at my site! The DM Vehicle betas are also available for you but are purely trash testers that you can do with as you please!

http://www.58arenas.com/UT2004Downloads.htm

All older stuff here:

http://www.58arenas.com/

Thanks Circus BT

THE SITE MIGHT BE TEMPORARILY DOWN SO I WILL CHECK TO SEE THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!

Try This Instead!

http://www.ut2003hq.com/authorfiles....or=Circus%20BT

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by catdaemon
            put the bots on godlike. there is a bug that stops low level bots using lifts. :sour:
            OMFG! That did the trick! Now I'll go beat myself into submission for working on this problem for 3 hours last night.
            Maybe I'll defenestrate myself after the beating.

Thank you so much!

Comment

BTW - here's what I'm working on... It's a wmv file...

http://www.breakfastofdemons.com/arc...lowTokara2.wmv

Comment

You should not have to set the bots at thier highest skill level for them to work right. If you do then you got something wrong with your level. They will use the lifts at novice or what ever the lowest skill level is it dont matter.

Most servers and players are not going to run thier bots at the highest skill level anyway.

Im sure you can fix the pathing by making adjustments or widening the areas they pass through!

Comment

You have a point - I think they should use them at all skill levles.

I have another problem now with the lift... They won't lift jump at the end of it. Even thoguh I've tagged the jump right. It's a multi-tiered elevator and they'll lift jump at the first stage but not the last. Ideas?

And I'd be happy for you to take a look at it as you offered a few posts ago... Send me an e-mail at Vincennes999[at]yahoo[dot]com with a UT204 subject line and I'll ziup it up and send it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Comment

Working...
                  X