no gore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no gore

is there a setting to ( parental control needed) turn gore off completely ?

thx
    Lee

Hmm.... I know you can turn off the Strong message taunts, but i think turning off gibs could be more techincal..... but at this time there isn't a way to turn of the gibs (kinda short for gore) .

There IS a reduce gore, which can be found in the "options" menu , then click the tab "game"

I tested reduce gore and it seems to greatly reduce blood, but its not gone , but theres no more gore of the decaping.

if anything i keep my kids playing zoo tycoon.

Also theres no parental lock, so it could be easy for him/her to disable the setting while playing.:down:

Comment

There IS a reduce gore, which can be found in the "options" menu , then click the tab "game"

I tested reduce gore and it seems to greatly reduce blood, but its not gone , but theres no more gore of the decaping.

if anything i keep my kids playing zoo tycoon.

Also theres no parental lock, so it could be easy for him/her to disable the setting while playing.:down: [/B][/QUOTE]
      -----------------------
      yup I saw the reduce ( its used and yes it can't be totally turned off which I find a bit..odd ) gore but was hoping for a in-game console cheat code <G>...

maybe a developer will reply and offer some info to address a much needed option.

thx for reply ;-)
      Lee

Comment

Don't mean to be rude, but why do you want to turn gore down/off? With the main thrust of the game devoted to trying to kill as many of the other team what censorship advantage would reducing the amount of gore on display have? Surely if you're doing it for young kids they will be even more 'damaged' by being able to cause violence without any of the unpleasant splatter (try shooting someone in real life and see how much blood is produced, not enjoyable at close range).

I'm sure there's probably a mutator floating around out there that could be modified to reduce the gore level to zero (most of the gore mutators I remember from the original UT were aimed at producing more, not less).

Comment

There is a mutator....(trying to remember the name)......where the corpses do some kind of sci-fi *poof*....instead of gibs.

I'll EDIT this post if I can think of it.

Angel could probably whip up a mutator like that, in her sleep.

Comment

Well I couldn't find the mutator I was looking for so I did a search for "no gore" in the maps and mods forum, and found this.

http://www.spambox.co.uk/will/mods/NoGore.zip

I hope it helps. :up:

Comment

Cool! Now I can let my 5 year old play without totally warping her mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
                Well I couldn't find the mutator I was looking for so I did a search for "no gore" in the maps and mods forum, and found this.

http://www.spambox.co.uk/will/mods/NoGore.zip

I hope it helps. :up:
                -----------------
                thx that helps a bunch....no gibs/no gore for me at least means much less visual nasties and he will no longer desensitize to it anymore allowing it to be a harmless engagement . Its all about the perception which I can guide him on easily. ( weaopns can also shoot blanks

PLus..its a way to support linux gaming and do it my way as well <G>

cu and many thx for grabbing that info for me !! ;-)
                -===

Comment

Working...
                X