• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers, i'll have a look at it.

REMF

Comment

this is going to end horribly, lol.

the player models are roughly 96 units high. at 16 units = 1 foot, theyre 6 feet tall. remember though, movements are different in 2003. 256 unit high cielings are required for double jump, and even then it still feels close. 384 is nice, imo. but that depends on taste, really. no map with 256 cielings will ever do well. and lower will constrian movements.

my point, you probably CANT adapt your raven shield map to 2003. sure, you can scale it, etc. but it will never be the same. just take my word for it. if you scale the map, your bsp will never be on the grid again. it WILL scale together, but it will be off the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehed316
        remember though, movements are different in 2003. 256 unit high cielings are required for double jump, and even then it still feels close.
        Remember that he's planning to convert it for use in a realism mod, not vanilla UT2003.

Comment

oh, lol. realism is lost for 2003, lol. i designed a room to realistic scale. based on the player size, and 16units = 1 foot. the 2003 players will not fit through a door at that scale. and it looked and felt like giant football players walking in barbies magic playhouse. i wish i had the pictures still.

but in any case, 16units ~ 1 foot.

Comment

no, its not for vanilla UT2k3, it is for this mod:

http://sas.jolt.co.uk/

so if UT2k3 players are 96 units tall and Ravenshield players are 192 units, then it *should* be as simple as halving the draw scale? :lol:

cheers

REMF

Comment

actually, i think you should leave the bsp where it is. try it out, you might like it, lol.

Comment

not gonna work in a realism mod.

REMF

Comment

well, without knowing more about your project, i can tell you that the most realistic looking maps are still built at twice the scale of the players. 32units = 1 foot. try it before you knock it, lol. if you dont like it, then cut it in half. but im telling you now, a realistic, 3 foot wide, 48unit wide, door, wont work. players will not fit through it. so realism or no, using the same scale as players wont work.

Comment

Working...
                  X