how tall are UT2k3 players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how tall are UT2k3 players?

i have made and released a map titled U.W.A. for Ravenshield which was included in theplatoon.com mappack 3.0, i would like to give the BSP data to the SAS-IntoTheLionsDen team for their mod, but do the sizes match?

a RvS player model is 192 units tall, how tall is a UT2k3 model and SAS model?

if the scale is too far out then obviously the map is useless to the SAS people.

cheers

REMF

96 - i think

Comment

They crawl into a box 80 high by 70 wide but width is somewhere around 65 I think.

Comment

dammit, i did a lot of work on this level and i hoped it could be used for UT2k3/4, oh well.

such is life.

cheers for the response.

REMF

Comment

you can try to scale the map with the scale map tool.

if you dont know what I mean, you can select all the brushes e.t.c then go to "Tool" I think and "scale map", then just lower the number slightly (i.e .98 .98 .98) then rebuild, test in ut2003 game. keep doing that untill its the right size for the ut2003 player.

Comment

no, no! NO! do NOT scale your map. ALL of your bsp will be off the grid. that = very bad. trust me, lol. :down:

Comment

thats what i figured cos the bsp do not scale together, they do so individually.

REMF

Comment

Scale each piece individually

Comment

its not about it not scaling together. infact, it will scale together. my point is, that if you scale somethign that is 128 units high by 20% it will no longer land on a grid line. it will be 153.6 units, and that is bad. you WILL get bsp holes.

Comment

Well, its not the best way to do it, (scale one at a time sure but...) I did it to a map with only bsp and it worked fine. no errors at all. its worth a try if its the only feasible way to resize your map.

Comment

aha, so BSP objects can be scaled together? am i reading this right? will they also maintain positions relative to each other, i.e. still form the same shape (but smaller) after they have been scaled down?

there is no way it can be done one brush at a time, there are 20,000 BSP objects in the map!

how about converting all BSP to a static mesh > scaling the new SM > converting back to BSP ?

cheers

REMF

Comment

Originally posted by REMF
                        how about converting all BSP to a static mesh > scaling the new SM > converting back to BSP ?

Very bad idea. If you're going to scale it, use 'select all actors' followed by 'scale map'. But don't repeatedly use small increments like Buckyfg suggested, that will definitely break the map. You'll have to figure out what scale you want it first so you only need to scale it once.

If you use a sensible scale (.75, .6, .5 - sounds like .6 or .5 will be what you want) then the only place 'scale map' tends to cause problems, in my experience, is near movers. I don't know why, but since you only want the BSP, just get rid of any movers before you do anything.

Comment

Omega on the jolt/SAS/ forums just mentioned this "scale map" function, is this the "properties>drawscale" function, or something different?

cheers

REMF

Comment

It shouldbe under Tools->Scale Map on the drop down menus.

Comment

Originally posted by poobeard
                              They crawl into a box 80 high by 70 wide but width is somewhere around 65 I think.

*clears throat*

Thats crawling...

256 is enough to do a double jump so I think it may be around 130

Is that close enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X