[SOLVED]Problem with Shot-Triggered Movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Problem with Shot-Triggered Movers

I'm having a problem that I hope is just an oversight on my part. Hopefully someone can help...

I'm trying to make a "trap door" style mover triggered by the player shooting something. The trap door is actually made up of two seperate movers that I want to move simultainiously when the trigger is shot.

Both my movers have the Event tag "trapdoor", as does the trigger itself. Both of the movers' Initial State settings are set to "TriggerOpen Timed". The Trigger Type on the actual trigger is set to "TT Shoot". I've also set a trigger message to appear to let me know I'm shooting the trigger. All other settings on the movers and triggers are default.

In gameplay, I know I'm shooting the trigger, as I get the message, however the movers do nothing. I've tried getting rid of one of the movers, and just trying to trigger a single mover, but that doesn't work either. However, if I go back into UEd, get rid of the trigger and set the mover to "StandOpen Timed" it works just fine.

What am I missing here? Many thanks for the help.

Anyone?

Sorry to bump, I just can't figure this out....:bulb:

Comment

have you set a damage treshhold in the trigger properties?.
      if so maybe you should lower it.

Comment

I just want to make sure of something....

You have the mover TAGS as "trap door" and the trigger EVENT as "trap door". Yes?

There is also a setting in the mover, that needs to be set....I believe it's bTriggered>True. Did you do that?

Comment

...hmmm....

Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
          I just want to make sure of something....

You have the mover TAGS as "trap door" and the trigger EVENT as "trap door". Yes?

There is also a setting in the mover, that needs to be set....I believe it's bTriggered>True. Did you do that?
          Yeah, the trigger's Event was "trapdoor" not Tags. Sorry that was a typo in my original post. I've gone back in, deleted everything and rebuilt the mover from scratch and it all seems to work okay. I still have no idea what the problem was...

Didn't see a "bTriggered" setting though, at least not under "Mover". It works though, and that's what matters.

Thanks for the help though, guys. :up:

Comment

Sorry.....it's bUseTriggered, under mover in the mover's properties.

Oh well...glad it's working.:up:

Comment

My problem too!

My problem is along the same lines... The thing is, I want an elevator. I know how to get all the triggers, and stuff working, but is there any way I can get a certain trigger to send the elevator up (keyframe 1), and another trigger to send it down (keyframe 2)?

Comment

Working...
              X