FaceClassic skybox on Torlan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FaceClassic skybox on Torlan....

I think by now, everyone's already played CTF-FaceClassic. If not, get a life (a UT life). Theres one thing that i love about that map, THE SKYBOX!!! That planet looks so nicely detailed! Well, anyways, i wanted to know if its possible to put that backround onto Torlan. That would be a good mix! Now heres the thing, i never use Ued so i have no idea on how it works so i wanted to know if someone could help me do that. Even better, that would be great if someone could make it for me, to anyone who does that, BIG THANK YOU! Please help. (>^_^)>

This could be done with little difficulty. I haven't played the map in question, because I spend all my time mapping instead of actually PLAYING ut2k4, BUT, this could be as simple as copying and pasting the skyzone and the stuff related to it into Torlan, and deleting its present sky. Since the map author probably made custom textures for his/her sky, you'll have to save those to a texture package to include with the altered ons-torlan. You'll also have to alter torlan's fog color, which is normally set as a sort of pinkish-orange, or else things won't smoothly fade into the clip-plane and you'll get weird popup.

However, it's common courtesy to get approval for this sort of thing first. If CTF-FaceClassic was made by someone in the community it'd be rude just to copy and paste their work into another map. I recommend contacting the author first and getting approval. If you do that I'm sure people here could help you through the specifics.

Comment

The level takes place on a meteor so its spinning and it makes it look like the skybox is rotating. Is it the skybox or the level thats spinning? So how exacly do i do all that stuff you said? I never use Ued but ill try to figure it out.

Comment

It would be extremly simple to do, but it would look like **** because Torlan has fog, unless of course you removed the fog, but then it would probably run like **** because there's no occlusion. Not even changing the colour of the fog would make it look good.

I had a big, two-paragraph post explaining the relation between skyboxes and fog but my computer crashed.

By the way, it's the skybox in FaceClassic that rotates, not the level.

Comment

You could put some fog IN the skyzone itself and that way it would blend nicely with fog in the main zone.

Comment

Originally posted by v5planet
            You could put some fog IN the skyzone itself and that way it would blend nicely with fog in the main zone.
            that sorta works...if you have some rather large static meshes they would pop in and out of view...same with smaller static meshes but you wouldn't notice them as much...adding a fogring however helps somewhat...

Comment

For the fog in the skybox to blend perfectly with the fog in the world, the fog in the skybox will have to occlude the skybox itself, and that'll just create problems. This is why people use fogring static meshes, bt we can't use on here because of the particular skybox we're working with.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
                By the way, it's the skybox in FaceClassic that rotates, not the level.
                Heh, just to be an ***: It's not the skybox that rotates, but is the skyzoneinfo inside (rockingskyzoneinfo I believe) - It's given rotation values just like a rotating mover

Comment

The skybox would be ruinded, because it should get an orange distancefog, or remove the fog in the map and welcome the 1-20 FPS.

Comment

Working...
                  X