What should I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do

I'm not realy sure what I should do now. I am getting ut2004 in a couple days, and plan to make maps for it. I used gmax (stripped down version of 3dstudiomax) and I have become pretty accustomed to it. And plus, I don't have $3500 for 3dstudiomax. I tried Maya on my friend's computer and I really didn't like it much. So I was asking what the ut2004 plugin for Maya does and if I need it. Is there a terrain file type specific for ut2004 that the plug-in lets me save files as? I wanted to use gmax and I know there aren't any plug-ins for it. So generally all I'm asking is if the ut2004 plug-in is needed. Thanks

The UT2004 plugin for Maya is used to export models from Maya into Unreal Ed as static meshes. As far as I know, it only works with Maya, so you need to use Maya in order to use the plugin. Terrain is made from Heightmaps, which is just a 2D greyscale image, it's in G16 format.

Comment

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/gmax_dev.html

it says that ut2003/4 is gmax ready (it says coming soon but ut2003 is already over a year old) so you are probably fine with gmax. I guess you can export to ASE which can be imported by unrealed.

Comment

Awesome, that's just what I was looking for Thanks, s-dot.

One mroe thing: the UT2004 plug-in for maya just lets you export as .ase, right? Is there anything else it does that I wouldn't be able to do with gmax?

Comment

Working...
        X