Maya Texture Rotation Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya Texture Rotation Error

I textured a model last night using planar, cylindrical and spherical mapping tool. I imported into Ued3 like about a hundred times, only this time, for only the second time for me, the texture was flipped both vertically and horizontally. The first time was only one texture on 3 surfaces, this time the entire mesh was a single texture mapped to about 300 polygons. For such a professional and advanced 3d tool, how can such a basic function end up being done backwards?

Are you like me using MayaPLE?
    I had this problem too but I solved it by flipping the textures vertically in photoshop before I scaled and rotated them in MayaPLE.
    Very odd but it helps for me.

Comment

For such a professional and advanced 3d tool, how can such a basic function end up being done backwards?
      - because the exporters used to get your meshes from Maya to UED are external 3rd party plug-ins ! (regardless of whether you're using Maya PLE or Maya retail).

Don't go blaming Maya for problems you have with these 3rd party plug-ins, blame the plug-in creators.

Comment

Aaron M, you are probably right about the plug-in exporter being the problem, but without reading it directly anywhere, I was under the impression the plug-in was Maya's.

Comment

I think both the maya PLE plugin and ActorX for the full versions of Maya were written by Epic?

I've noticed the exporters do wierd things sometimes too. Familiarity using them helps with most things though. :P

Comment

Working...
          X