Level Properties -> Ambient Brightness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level Properties -> Ambient Brightness

I have a sunlight actor in my map, which casts shadows on all actors. I also have the ambient lighting of the level set to 80. Now I have 1 cave that is completely closed off from the sunlight by static meshes that encapsulates it with normals facing out (so no sunlight enters).

Now if I want the cave to be pitch black inside, I would expect that if you turn ambient brightness to 0 this would be achieved. But it is not. When I do so, deep in the cave, it is still ambiently lit. I did full light and bsp rebuild many times (and view is on dynamic light).

Anyone know the solution?

I think you're going to have to put some basic BSP inside the static meshes and zone off the cavern.

Comment

I don't think the sun light getting through is the problem. If it was, the inner area would be bright and the same colour as the sunlight, rather then ambiently lit.

Comment

OK they problem is with the static mesh itself. The entire room is an enclosed static mesh, and it is not responding to the lighting, it has lighting of its own it seems.

What I need to happen is as in DM-DE-Grendelkeep the static mesh chains are lit by lights dimly but overall are dark (they don't have their own lighting, they respond to level light).

Help please.

Comment

Originally posted by Smood
          OK they problem is with the static mesh itself. The entire room is an enclosed static mesh, and it is not responding to the lighting, it has lighting of its own it seems.

What I need to happen is as in DM-DE-Grendelkeep the static mesh chains are lit by lights dimly but overall are dark (they don't have their own lighting, they respond to level light).

Help please.
          I built the mesh in maya, so it might be an issue with maya's default or baked in lighting I think... anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X