problamatic emitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problamatic emitter

ok I have several dozen emitter in my level, then this 1 emitter starts doing something wierd, it uses look targets, for like lightning bolts, and it seems to use them properly, but it is also shooting several beams to the center of the map.. to the main zone info specifically. Now I have dozens of other emitters like this in the level, they all work correctly, but I cant seem to fix this one, I have tried deleting it and replacing and using differnt tags.. no luck it keeps shooting beams where it shouldnt, what in the world?!?

Another question I have I will just throw in the thread.. say I have 3 textures on a static mesh, how do I make only 1 of them 'unlit' not the whole static mesh, just 1 texture on it? its prolly something in materials but I havent figured it out yet, help is appreciated.

For the first problem, did you leave any of them blank? I think it might just be shooting the DefaultPhysicsVolume if you don't input anything.

For the second problem, you need to make a new texture in the MyLevel package, a Shader. Input the original texture in the SelfIllumination box, then apply that to the mesh.

Comment

mmk thanks, yes I got 12 look targets and 12 beam end points in the emitter, correct tags and everything, thats what is got me so baffled is even if I copy it from a working emitter it still does that nonsense.

Comment

Well if it's in the same zone ytou could try to hack your way around and move the zone info to a favorable location.

Comment

Well if it's in the same zone ytou could try to hack your way around and move the zone info to a favorable location.
          lol, sadly its not, good idea though. I tried setting the beam end distance.. but even that does not stop it!

has anybody encountered this problem before?

Comment

Working...
          X