Multiple skyboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple skyboxes

Is this possible? I was going to make a map soon with various themed loactions in it from different periods of time...however, they might not all look so great with the same skybox. Is there a way to somehow create multiple skyzones?

Re: Multiple skyboxes

Originally posted by KnivesTheMapper
    Is this possible? I was going to make a map soon with various themed loactions in it from different periods of time...however, they might not all look so great with the same skybox. Is there a way to somehow create multiple skyzones?
    Yes, there is a way to do multiple skyzones. Angel Mapper did a nice tutorial for it. http://angelmapper.com/tutorials.htm

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

My obscure tutorials strike again! Mwahaha.

Comment

Hmm. It worked on a small level, but not on my larger one. I have 2 *rocking* skyboxes that are around 256x256 and 2 larger zones that are 16384x16384. Only one of the skyboxes projects into both zones. I have quintuple checked my actors, and they worked on a smaller map, but not on my larger one.

Comment

Read my tutorial closer. You have to be very careful in the placement of them so that they can't see each other, or you can't even see remotely close to anywhere near the other sky from the zone you're in. Look at how I placed them in Phase Shift.

Comment

Well I guess that wouldn't work for me, seeing as how I'd like to do a skybox within a skybox

Comment

Working...
              X