Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Impersonator samples and tools released

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impersonator samples and tools released

As part of Epic’s commitment to providing outstanding support and features for mod authors using Unreal Tournament 2004 as a mod platform, Epic integrated a licensed version of the Impersonator speech and facial animation tool from OC3 Entertainment ( http://www.oc3ent.com/home.htm ), making it easy for mod authors to create realistic and emotive talking characters. Impersonator support is integrated directly into the UT2004 game editor, UnrealEd, once UT2004 is patched to version 3204. Epic Games and OC3 Entertainment are today releasing tools, samples, and documentation for Impersonator, available at http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/UT...onatorPack.zip .

- Steven Polge

Already got a head that i can try this on

Comment

Thanks Steve, you guys provide a lot of cool tools for us, it certainly doesn't go unappreciated!!

--USG

Comment

Ace! Thanks

Comment

Thankee...

Now I can really get going on a movie that has been rotting the inside of my Brain out for a long time...Thank you....

Comment

It's good that ya added it.. but ya didn't go that last step...

Epic chose to add "canned" lipsinc animation rather than realime. What about use with the BUILT IN VOICE... and music?

At least it appears to me that it's only the "canned" version (am i wrong about this?) which i think is of less use in a realtime multiplayer engine. Seems to me Impersonator is more aimed at single player and scripted use.

Is there a chance Epic will add the OC3 LiveTalk in the future? (if their version of realtime is useable with the Unreal engine)
            If so, please allow for sound to dynamically drive animations for any custom actor (like with decorations).

And no, to me it's not all about just the faces that ya don't get much chance to look at in standard UT games. There's a lot of cool things that can be done with all these tools Epic has put into the engine and there will be more as yall take these features the next step.

Comment

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
              *DROOL*

Comment

[func brain_explodes()] need...... more ...... help ....... files and examples............. ack.

Comment

You guys never cease to amaze me...

Comment

I thank you and sit here amazed. Only problem is no public available documentation other then what is left within the zip. No true tutorials can be found in regards to lipsyncing chars other then the intro chars. i'd like to sync some custom made chars i managed to find online for some matinee work and cannot find anything to help me.

Comment

I'd like to add Impersonator support to the Deinonychus model I made. It already has a moveable jaw and tongue, and should (theoretically) be easy to make into a talking bot with a working mouth.

Is it possible to add this sort of thing to a UT2004 game model and have it function in games accordingly?

For example, could you tweak this feature into a bot and then use the 'talk' fucntion and microphone to have it speak, and have the mouth move with whatever speech you pipe into the game? (the TFC models do this along those lines)

If so, are there any tutorial links that show how to do this?

Slyrr

Comment

1: Has anyone used the tools yet?

2: I heard a rumor that the tools are no longer available to the community or got canceled or something. True?

Comment

it seems os since the aren't online anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Aliende
                            it seems os since the aren't online anymore...
                            Ermm....

http://www.oc3ent.com/FacialAnim_Tools_UT2004.zip :bulb: you were saying?

Comment

Originally posted by MrCamper
                              [func brain_explodes()] need...... more ...... help ....... files and examples............. ack.

hoot(tm)

Comment

Working...
                              X