unreal 2004 with 3ds max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unreal 2004 with 3ds max

how do i work 3ds max 6 with unreal 2004 is there tools i can download for 3ds max 6?

Actor X for creating characters and vehicles I think..
    Someone will correct me if that's wrong.
    You don't need any extra tools for static meshes - just export as an ASE file.

Comment

got a site i can download from?

Comment

www.discreet.com

Comment

The UDN developer site has the Actor X download:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX

You might try the 3D Buzz video's from the 3D Buzz site (http://www.masteringunreal.com) to understand how it works. The standard ASE export from 3DS Max is also explained in those.

In my opinion the best resource is the SE DVD of ut2004, it contains all the currently available 3D Buzz video's.

Comment

awsome people thank you so much for the help and getting me on my feet

Comment

arrr matey, ye'r welcome. It never hurts to help

Comment

wow man the 3ds max 6 stuff is confusing even with the training lol i tryed the upain omg that sucks

Comment

would that work for GMAX too or am i too presumptuous?

Comment

Don't think ActorX will work for GMAX. Check the udn link and try. The page doesn't mention it.

Comment

it just says MAX, doesn't say whether G or 3D studio, doesn't say wont do GMAX.

hmmmmm....may have to try when i am on my GMAX computer

Comment

where are the charicter files and how do i import from the unreal 2004 directory i have actor x and i cant import it dosent say either

Comment

so what do i need to import?

Comment

does anyone know what to use for importing???:cry: i have 5 other posts going and no one knows but theres hundreds of ppl making skins :sulk:

Comment

As far as I know you can only export static meshes out of UT2004 using going under UED's File->Export. You use this by placing the static mesh you want in to an empty scene, say a hellbender static mesh, then export an obj using UED's File->Export.

Unfortunately the UV information does not translate so tough luck there.

Comment

Working...
                              X