Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warp Zone Question...

Hi all,

Now i've made maps with warp zones before with good results. I've had fun wih making zones change back and forth to another zone i've noticed you cannot have 2 warp zones warping to 1 without HOM effect. Alot of times I get them working by spinning one of the Zone Portals 180 degrees from the other. Making a constant color to use in a new shader is easy to do to make a see thru warp zone ,,, sometimes i've experenced crashes setting a shader to the shader diffuse but thats my mistake for not making sure i used the constant color instead.
    One thing I can't get across,---> is the ability not to see another part of your level thru the zone portal to a place you shouldn' t see . I've always had to point my zone portal directed away from any part of my level to correct this... I've tried anti portals to correct this only to find that i'm at a loss. So My question is this....<---

How can I stop from seeing thru a wall in another part of my map that i'm not supposed to see, when I look into my warp zone?
    btw the warp zones do work and there for a remake of deck33beta8

Thanx in advance.:up:

Looks like I might just make an extended hall way to get past this problem .. Sorry I didn't have a screenshot of the problem.... If someone is courious I guess I can post one...

I also tried to make a slanted warp zone on a 45.. but was unsuccessfull might try again later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishops292
      Looks like I might just make an extended hall way to get past this problem .. Sorry I didn't have a screenshot of the problem.... If someone is courious I guess I can post one...

I also tried to make a slanted warp zone on a 45.. but was unsuccessfull might try again later.
      please post shot

there are some problems with warpzones, you can see only 4 at the same time:

(not 45 degree, but other degree )

Comment

Dang I don't have anywhere to temp use for an image I can't upload to any server.... But its not as bad as yer pic...

Comment

send me pic bartje321@home.nl), i will host it for you

you can only see 4 warp zones, the others get a hom effect

Comment

OK, I sent the picture... You will be looking thru 2 warp zones. As you can see the warp zone works... but not very well... i've circled the problem and marked the zone portal.... I tried creating a hallway there to get OVER and PAST what you see below and that may work but I'd like to see if theres a correction for this.

BTW i got the 45 degree warp zone to work but on the other side which was straight up down, I could not get back in ... so I'm thinking both sides of the warp have to be parallel to each other, but i'll try some more things and let ya know how it goes. And fyi there will be no 45 or angled warp zones in this map...

Comment

you can only see four zones at the same time, that is what i mean

OK, I sent the picture... You will be looking thru 2 warp zones. As you can see the warp zone works... but not very well... i've circled the problem and marked the zone portal.... I tried creating a hallway there to get OVER and PAST what you see below and that may work but I'd like to see if theres a correction for this.
              pic:

Comment

If Angel mapper is out there reading this... I just want to let you know I got a set of 45 degree warp zones working... But that dont help my problem above..

bartje321
                Thanx for hosting that pic... I don't think anyone understood my question...

Comment

45 degrees is ease, try 60 degree (see pic above)
                  can you send map, it is easyer to solve with map, as with pic

Comment

OK its official i just made 6 warp zones on a 60 degree angle and they all work! dm-blah.ut2. but that don't help me with my question above...

Yes they all work with interesting results.

Comment

better as mine ??? (see pic)

Comment

ok, i tryed everything i could think of
                        it seems the only solution is making the hall larger

the advise is dont use warpzones
                        warpzones arent utengine best point
                        BTW, NICE MAP:up:

Comment

... I suppose the hallway is the way to go..... I just wish there was an answer to my question.....

ANY MORE COMMENTS?

Comment

i yust get tonight an idea, make two zones of the big hall
                            maybe it work, gonna try today

Comment

FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              only statick meshes stay visible

Comment

Working...
                              X