UV transfer problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV transfer problems...

I'm having trouble moving the UV information correctly from Maya to Unreal Ed.

After I've done all the texturing in Maya, I triangulate the polys, use ActorX to export the static mesh, then when I bring it into Unreal Ed, the textures are pretty messed up. Any ideas?

having never used maya, but heard of this before, i have one suggestion. are, by chance, you using a custom skin? and is that skin a .tga? from what i hear, maya flips the coords around in TGA files. youll need to take it into a photoshop type program, and flip it.

if not, then i cant help

Comment

I think simple UV flipping is not the problem here. Here are some screenshots showing specifics. On the left is how my model appears in Maya (top) and Unreal Ed (bottom). On the right is my texture file and it's UV mapping in Maya.

Even after triangulating the polys in Maya, they look good but still get funky when I pull it into UEd.

Comment

Hm, well this time I DIDN'T triangulate the polys and let the ActorX exporter do it and it works fine. I'm really not sure what solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X