maya and 3ds max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maya and 3ds max

i have been reading online trying to find a way to get one of these programs and i noticed on maya's website that it is extremely expensive. 1999.99 to be exact unless it was a typo. i was wondering in order to do character models and weapons and skins do i really need one of these programs or will something else do?

thanks

you dont need the full versions. infact, the $2000 one for maya is only the middle version. theres another $4000 version, which has everything.

same with max, lol. theyre expensive, to say the least. the PLE version of maya should be enough to accomplish what you need. just not for commercial use.

Comment

when i tried to download maya ple 5 (i assume its free as i am a poor college student!) it says it is unavailable until fall 2003. is their an older version i can get somewhere and then upgrade?

Comment

theres a version 4.5 that is PLE, and 4.0 is available on your Ut2003 cd, but its out of date, and wont be easy to activate. sounds dumb to me to have to activate a FREE version, but i dont make the rules.

Comment

Working...
        X