AAACK!!! Cant Load my Brushes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he means is:

A single polygon (such as the cap on a cylindar) must not be vertex edited in such a way that it becomes non simple-planner-convex. If you need a convex polygon, it has to be split into two. The 2D shape editor takes care of doing this for you, so use it.

Comment

...umm...

I must say.. I read the links... and I have read the post about 50 times... but I STILL dont understand what you guys are saying about the Cylinder and the Non-Planer stuff.

any way you can make a few images explaining this?

I know I am a pain... But I just dont get it...

Comment

i dont know how to put this any simpler, lol. its simple pattern recognition. all the concave shapes, if they were real, you as a 3rd person could find a place to hide in them, or sit within the structure itself, like a cave. where as convex shapes, there is no way within the shape without breaking it. unless it were hollow, and had an open side, which would make it concave, lol. a cup, a shoe, a bucket, anything that you can hold something in, is CONCAVE.

Comment

Ah ya
          Bonehed316 & inio why are going on about crossing planes for?
          Not that it is nothing to watch out for. But he didn't bring it up and I only suggested moving verties(sp?).

Anyho- Here somthing you might be interested in Streetgrime

http://ridgers.org.uk/jamlander/

It's a max to Ued helper. it ..ah go read the site.

Comment

learn it now or learn it later, whats the difference? if everytime someone asked a question we gave them the answer plus one or two more tips, people might ask fewer questions.

Comment

Working...
            X