vertex coloring and lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertex coloring and lighting

Ok I made a static mesh with vertex coloring so 2 different textures are fading into each other n all that good stuff. I also imported the exact same static mesh without the vertex coloring, when I put them in my level and do a build all, the one without vertex colors looks nice a purty, but the one with vertex colors.. is very very bright, and doesnt seem to be the same color either as the other one. What gives?

A screenshot would help, but first some things to check:
    • Make sure that the Display properties of both meshes are the same
    • Don't set bUseVertexColors or whatever it is to true in the mesh properties - that's only if you want to use the vertex colors to change the color of the texture, not blend between two different textures.
    • Try putting a simple texture on the mesh with the vertex colors, does it light properly?
    • If it's only lighting oddly when you're using the multitexturing setup, are you using a Shader or just a combiner? if just a combiner, try wrapping the combiner insider the diffuse channel of a shader.

Comment

* Make sure that the Display properties of both meshes are the same
      * Don't set bUseVertexColors or whatever it is to true in the mesh properties - that's only if you want to use the vertex colors to change the color of the texture, not blend between two different textures.
      * Try putting a simple texture on the mesh with the vertex colors, does it light properly?
      check, check, check.. no problems here

* If it's only lighting oddly when you're using the multitexturing setup, are you using a Shader or just a combiner? if just a combiner, try wrapping the combiner insider the diffuse channel of a shader.
      hmmmm sounds like what must be wrong, I am using just a combiner right now, I will try this in the morning like when I wake up

Thanks for your help man, I will let ya know if it works.

Comment

It worked! Thanks again.:up:

Comment

Yeah, if you're ever confused about how to do something fancy involving static meshes, multi-texturing, etc, just pop open CTF-Magma and figure out how it did it .

Comment

Working...
          X