Darkness... using those headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkness... using those headlights

I'm wondering on how the mechanics of a map in the dark would work.. The only real lights would be a few chosen lamps.. Since rockets, rifles, and guns already give off illumination, it doesnt seem much of a problem.

It would play like splintercell without all the sneakiness..
    Is this possible or am I just dreaming?

I'm a complete newb at UT maps, but I messed around with maps for Doom way back in the day. Anyways, on my new map for UT I have alot of pitch black areas to allow for hiding and popping out at people. Makes for fun play in my opinion, just as long as it's not over done. Just play around with it and see what looks/works good.

Comment

I personally find maps with a lot of contrast pretty cool. Just make sure you don't have your players stumbling around in the dark trying to find each other.

Comment

Unfortunately the headlights (and many of the other lighting effects) are not true dynamic lights, but projectors. This means that they just brighten the texture they're projecting on, and require some light to show up at all.

Comment

I havent been successfull in making anything glow or project in near dark or completely dark scenarios...

Comment

In a pitch black scenario, the headlights only show up on BSP.

Comment

Working...
            X