Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicles in Water / Killzones for vehicles only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Vehicles in Water / Killzones for vehicles only?

Originally posted by Pawz

1. Do vehicles work underwater? I heard something about them going underwater, but players exiting underwater vehicles would get stuck. Is this true?
    Yes using default vehicles in the game you will get stuck exiting the vehicle. As well entering vehicle underwater makes it so you can't drive them, and changing gunner position underwater ****s you up as well.

Solution: My very own ONSWaterCom.u, it has vehicles that are in the process of eing fixed of these problems (so far you can get out under water, and the rator destroys itself up contact with water). I would be very happy if you gave these a shot as I need them to be tested and I't would be more incentive to make it all work

Oh right where do you find them, well there is a thread right here:
    http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=370505

There is a list of al l current bugs, but I am working on them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pawz
    we'd just have to assume the Hellbender and Scorpion are amphibious!
    Goliaths too..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll have to test it out when I get home then. I wonder when a vehicle gets affected by a physics volume - when it's completely under water or when it touches the volume.. Might be nifty to get washed away if you don't speed thru the river...

I was thinking that a simple blocking volume for vehicles that would hold them up tire-deep in any water would work if there are problems with underwater vehicles - we'd just have to assume the Hellbender and Scorpion are amphibious!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i do know vehicles work fine underwater..they don't see the water volume....i can't say about a physics volume..i would hope they would also be affected...

can't think of a way to have a kill zone only affect vehicles..

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Vehicles in Water / Killzones for vehicles only?

Vehicles in Water / Killzones for vehicles only?

I'm working on a map which is going to include a river which players can fall into and get swept away. What I'm wondering is a couple of things:

1. Do vehicles work underwater? I heard something about them going underwater, but players exiting underwater vehicles would get stuck. Is this true?

2. If vehicles are buggy in water, then I need to kill ONLY vehicles once they hit a certain depth (not players). Is there a way to do this?

3. If vehicles DO work in water, do they get affected by the physics of the water volume? IE, would they get swept along as well?
Working...
X