Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI problems

Got 2 problems, here's the first:

Alright, i got 2 lifts at 1 point in the map. One lift for the bots/players to go up (works fine), and one lift for the bots/players to go down. They go down alright, that's not the problem. The problem is that the bots try to get on the lift which goes down while that lift is like 30 meters above them untill someone steps on it on the top.

What happens next is that the bots continue to jump between the bottom liftexit and the liftcenter untill the lift arrives because someone used it go down with the lift. The only use for the lift should be to go down.

I have my liftexits in place, i got a lift center in place. They are named correctly so everything should work fine. The liftexits suggested key frames are also set.

I tried to use onewaypath but that doesn't work. I also tried to make a few forced paths from the liftexit at the bottom to other pathnodes but that doesn't seem to be working either. Does anyone have a solution to this?

The 2nd problem:
    Bots seem to be rather braindead in the water. They aren't made to swim but sometimes they even 'forgot to came up for air'. Any way to fix this? There's pathnodes all over the place so that's not the problem.

I've had all sorts of problems with setting up one way lifts (one for up and one for down) in the past. My workaround was to use a one-way teleporter instead of a down-lift.

I've found with water that it is a good idea for the bots to be able to exit the water without having to jump at all.

Anyway, good luck.

Comment

Well, the teleporter thing isn't an option. So i'll have to make it work .

The water problem isn't big, it's just that it happens sometimes and the bots don't have to jump to get out of the water.

Comment

Working...
      X