Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WHITE VIEWPORTS? READ THIS Before Posting!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice :up:

Comment

ty anglemapper for (unknowingly) helping a newbie in need.

Harsh

Comment

i got dynamic lights to work perfectly

I got dynamic lights to work! I used a TriigerLight actor. Go into Light>TriggerLight in the actor browser and then you can make the flickering, pulsing etc. lights work.

Comment

Using an Emitter for that is better.

Comment

Yeah, I'm using an Emitter for those too, but is there a way to stop the light pulsing through walls? :bulb:

Comment

And under no circumstances should the terrain be larger than 256*256. :bulb: It increases the filesize exponentially, the number of polygons rises (Also exponentially) and sometimes one of the following four things happen when trying to load/play the map (Particularly to those with lower end video cards):

When too many terrain triangles have to be rendered, all your terrain becomes completely transparent.

The game crashes and exits with a CreateTexture Failed error.

The game crashes and exits with a CreateVertexBuffer Failed error.

No textures appear at all and are completely replaced by a blank whiteness, as if the level was in Lighting mode. Crosshairs are replacedwith ugly coloured squares, the menus are giant white rectangles and texture appears as a big array of coloured rectangles. :bulb:

Comment

Re: WHITE VIEWPORTS? READ THIS Before Posting!

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                And now for the list of the most commonly asked questions:

1) OMG WHITE VIEWPORTS!

Click View >> Viewports >> Configure and choose a setup, then hit ok.
                lol you summed it up in 1 How many people ask this? (I shouldn't laugh, I did once - but that was way back and I think i was ONE OF the first to ask )

I think you've contributed more to the community by answering this than you ever could by making maps :up:

Comment

It's mind boggling how seemingly rudimentary problem solving skills evade so many people.

Comment

thank you

thank you . i have just tried that and now it works ! thank very much

Comment

anyone asking why thier editor is white isnt going to know what the hell a viewport is.

Comment

When this thing happened to me the first time, I figured it out myself GO ME!

Comment

personaly i thought the way to fix the problem was quite obvious..

people should look at the tabs under the title bar more often

Comment

Yeah, I got the white viewports bug around the 4th time I started up UnrealED. Fixed it in 2 minutes by myself.

Comment

This is retarted. I haven't got the white viewports now for like 2 weeks and 2 weeks ago I got them every time I started Unreal Ed.

Comment

thanks re texture browser

I did do a search on texture browser and got a ton of hits...sorry..but too lazy to read all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X