3DS Max 6 Problem with materials on mesh exports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DS Max 6 Problem with materials on mesh exports

I'm trying to import some static meshes I made in 3DS Max 6 into UnrealEd. Unfortunately, I get a strange problem on any mesh that uses more than one material. In UnreadEd, it lists the proper number of materials that were assigned in Max, but assigning a texture to the first material slot applies the texture to the entire mesh, and all the other material slots do nothing at all. I've made sure that all the materials in Max were assigned properly, and that I exported according to the training movies, but I can't seem to solve this problem.

Never mind, I solved the problem using Angel_Mapper's detach/attach method from this thread: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...+mesh+material

Comment

Now that was fast! Thank's for your reply, however it did not work for me... tried resetting everything, nothing left but the mesh with no materials, tried by detaching and reattaching, welding had nothing to do with me, there were no coincident vertices The good news is, what i found eventually was that ued didn't like the targa format for the tex, so i switched to pcx and everything worked just fine finally The only prob with this is that max's material editor can not handle this extension so what i did was to change every map path to the pcx types in the ase export file (though i'm almost sure there's a nice plugin for this). Hope others with similar problems will find their solution from among these

Comment

Working...
      X