Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

skinning n00b needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skinning n00b needs help

hi i would like to make a skin for corrosion.
    how do i do this?
    if you know the first step i need to take please help me.
    if you know any good ut2003 skinning tuts please can i have the link.

i have done a few searches but have found no tutorial sites and i have searched this forum and found nothing that can help me.

p.s is Upaint installed when ut2003 is, or is it seperate, or is it other.

hmm i havnt tried it myself yet but i think u can make ure own skins with utpaint and its on the third disc

Comment

ok ill put upaint on anyway *grabs third disk*
      any one know any tuts

Comment

Well i know one, it's made by me and it should be pretty noob friendly here's the url: http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=12555 i've also made another one that explains how to make new portraits ( upaint always gives the same ones for each model...) that one you can get here: http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=12598

Comment

wow...never has skinning been that easy before

Comment

i have made my first skin very simple at the moment
            how do you make team skins

Comment

oh yeah
              and this
              can you change the bits in green

Player=(DefaultName="V!p3R",Mesh=Bot.BotD,species= xGame.SPECIES_Bot,Portrait=Viper.ViperPortrait,Tex t=XPlayers.BotVI,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons. FlakCannon,BodySkin=Viper.ViperBody,FaceSkin=Viper .ViperHead,bJumpy=1,Tactics=+4.0,StrafingAbility=+6.0,Accurac y=+4.0)

or is that pointless + will it make the game to easy putting them all as 10, because that seems like you can alter your bots ability (i take its thats the most you can put it as)

Comment

can weapons be skinned with Upaint

Comment

nope to bad, i can skin weapons but then i have to alter textures...i've been trying for ages to just put it in a mut or something with a new texture but those tut's for modding are just like well...chinese to me (can't be latin since i know that )

Comment

hehehe

but what about this

can you change the bits in green (from the player.upl)

bJumpy=1,Tactics=+4.0,StrafingAbility=+6.0,Accurac y=+4.0)

or is that pointless + will it make the game to easy putting them all as 10, because that seems like you can alter your bots ability (i take its thats the most you can put it as)

Comment

ther bits in green is the skill level of your skin when beeing a bot...my skins have been only skinpacks uptil now actually and i creat a team of bots that's skillfull so they will be good for those 56k'ers in instant action...if u tell them to cap the flag...they'll cap it bjumpy is jumpy behavior, if u put this in the line the but will dodge and jump more then normal. I also noticed that u could configure bots in the select bot menu in the game but that does nothing...it's like a bot with 60% accuracy and u put it on 90 it will still have 60...but if u alter it in the upl it really works. The +'s before the numbers are used with malcom, brock and lauren, so i suggest u only put these +'s when you wan't a skillfull bot.

Comment

i have no idea on making teamskins...but if someone does...g_re4per@hotmail.com, msn

Comment

Originally posted by lRe4peR
                          i have no idea on making teamskins...but if someone does...g_re4per@hotmail.com, msn
                          You mean you don't know how to make teamskins? All you do is make a red or blue version of your body texture, and add "_0" or "_1" after the name, for red and blue respectively. It doesn't work on the heads, so don't bother trying.

Comment

So basicly if i make a skin and the body texture is called WidowmakerBody, then a texture in the packege called WidowmakerBody_0 and WidowmakerBody_1 would be just inuf to make it work? Nothing to change in the upl if it's like that...goddamn that's simple...

Comment

sounds simple enough but ill manage to go wrong somewhere, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X