Help! Export animations with Maya PLE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Export animations with Maya PLE??

Are there any tutorials/docs on how to export weapons/characters + animations with Maya PLE and the unEditor plugin?

I've search everywere for some info in this but no luck. I seen the VTM's on exporting static meches and to my understaning it's also possible to export animations with the plugin. But how?

Are there anyone out there who have done this?

http://udn.epicgames.com/pub/Content...XMayaTutorial/

This might help. Haven't done it myself, just did a quick search. gl

Comment

Well, that's ActorX which doesn't work with the PLE version of Maya. Thanks anyway.

I need tutorials on how to export animation with the unEditor plugin.

Anyone?

Comment

:weird:

Now that I think of it, I don't think it's possible to export animations with the PLE. I believe the plugin is only for static meshes. For animations, you'll probably need Maya Complete and ActorX.

Comment

offcourse u can maya ple comes with a tutorial for it.

just click the tutorials button:

then right under the ut2003 banner is this:

"UnrealĀ® Tournament 2003 Exporter User Guide "

click on that

*note*
          it looks like that tutorial is a bit dated when it comes 2 meshes, dunno about animation as i havnt tried any animating yet

anyway the command is "unEditor anim nameofset" all case sensitive ofcourse. hope this helps

Comment

You learn something new every day. Or in my case, every fifteen seconds.

*brain explodes*

Comment

Harold, you just saved my life!

I've spent several days looking for some info on this and it's been under my nose all along!! wow, do I feel stupid or what...

And it's actually works. Just gut my gun with animations over to UnrealEd.

Thanks again!!

Comment

I CAN'T GET ANIMATIONS TO WORK WITH MAYA PLE

I tried for hours, I can get a mesh to export from PLE to unEditor, but when I try to export an animated mesh (i'm using a simple cube poly that moves in a straight line), I use unEditor anim set1
                and it does not export! it waits for several moments as if it is exporting, but nothing shows up in the unreal editor animations browser!

Please help!

Comment

Teidel, are you following the tutorial(in maya 4.5 go to help-> Library and there you have a tutorial on both mesh and animation export) exactly?

Btw to export an animated mesh it has to have bones(smooth bind) and it are the bones that you animate. So animating a cube in the way you're doing it won't work. Also when you create the set you have to select the root bone.

It is all explained in the tutorial step by step. If you follow that it should work.

Comment

Thanks it works!

thank you!
                    I used joints now and it is working

Comment

Working...
                    X