Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Map Lighting Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Lighting Problems

It's been a while, but I am back in the mapping scene for this game. That being said, the map I am working on at the moment is having some lighting problems. I recently removed the ZoneInfo that had the Zonelight at 255 for rooms not currently lit up, and for some reason, it acts as if everything is still not zoned properly and that the ZoneInfo still exists. What am I doing wrong?

The map:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/btbxfch1i7...Doom5.ut2?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Hello Flak, not sure where's the problem, if you remove all ZoneInfo you will not have any more AmbientBrightness and only lights will be rendered by zones, personally i use one ZoneInfo for each zones, which is good for ManualExcludes and ZonesSounds/ZoneEffects.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak Master View Post
      It's been a while, but I am back in the mapping scene for this game. That being said, the map I am working on at the moment is having some lighting problems. I recently removed the ZoneInfo that had the Zonelight at 255 for rooms not currently lit up, and for some reason, it acts as if everything is still not zoned properly and that the ZoneInfo still exists. What am I doing wrong?

The map:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/btbxfch1i7...Doom5.ut2?dl=0

Thanks in advance!
      What you think the problem is (zone lights in effect where they shouldn't be), isn't the problem.

Here's what's wrong with your lighting. First, you are using deprecated lighting effects like LT_SubtlePulse on your torches. These preview correctly in the editor, but the UT2004 game engine no longer supports them. Any lights with effects like that will not work in-game.

Second, the lights that are working are too numerous, too bright, and too saturated. This makes them look really bad and overly bright. Lower the brightness and put some higher radius but dimmer lights below the arches - reduce the radius on the existing lights below the arches and lower their brightness considerably, or delete them entirely.

You could try selecting lights and assigning them to groups - (they will disappear afterwards until you check mark them in the group browser) to make editing them easier. Or just delete all those lights and start over.

Comment

Working...
      X