Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoping the xpawns auto tele thing when stuck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoping the xpawns auto tele thing when stuck...

when the xpawn gets stuck in my map he teles behind me in my singleplayer playerstart actor. How do I stop this and or can I go about this so that i can have a map where theres a monsters on one side of the room and a player on the other without it teleporting to my side unless im in visible range of the thing. I don't know how to describe this exactly i thought it was self explainatory after the third time posting this on several sites but so far they tell me to get a mod like old skool Im not saying its bad or nothing i just dont need it for the style im wanting to go for which is eliminating all creatures in zone before entering the next zone like some metroid prime game or zombies game or half life 1 game. Is this achievable
    Also I have tried volume blockers that doesn't really seem to have results like i blocked brute in the two rooms where i start and the monsters start to seperate us and they still tele behind it AND walk through it so yes I am very much a noob but atleast i know EXACTLY what i want.)
    Also I have tried playermanagers for an assault version (even though it aint invasion this is what i got) i seperated the two teams and the attacking team was always the 'singleplayer' to where he escapes the factory infested monsters or the maze of zombies w/e scenerio I get the same monster tele fixing itself behind me. I want an adventure like mode or if achievable *map* would be nice with no scripted/modded mutator adjusting the game factory settings.

I was hoping there would be a solution to this back when I mapped DM-NinthGate for the Lucifer Monster, but no luck.
    I did find a work around for this, not sure if it works online, and INI has suggested it could hang up the monsters if in gameplay.
    Maybe its a nice fix, because it seems you otherwise may need to have your own monster class having scripted out the teleport to your location thingy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h...lPathNodes.zip

Here is the link to a small map with a class blocker over the player start,
    it works, I would suggest having more people test it to see if there are any hang ups.

Comment

This is quite awsome of you bro I will downlosd hit first thing in the mourning tonight is to tiring to begin the project I'm comiting to now ha but yehj I really appreciate your time homi I will posts versions and ideas in level setups for download and maybe videos or pics in the thread too. Ill be back at 730am

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
      X