UT99 Map Editor Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 Map Editor Problems

I recently downloaded UT99 from Steam, mostly for the map porting possibilities. Anywho, anytime I load a .unr map in the UT99 editor, nothing shows up. It's just the standard "empty map" black space. It is like this for custom maps, and the stock maps.

How do I fix this?

Is there a space character in the file path? If I recall correctly the older versions of the UEngine don't handle those well (like C:\My Documents\... would be bad because of the space between 'My' and 'Documents'). You should be able to check the Editor.log file in the UnrealTournament\System folder too to see if it lists any errors.

Comment

No, that's due to too long paths. There's something like a 60 character limit. Remove the folder from steamapps and put it directly into C:\ (or whatever other drive letter).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        No, that's due to too long paths. There's something like a 60 character limit. Remove the folder from steamapps and put it directly into C:\ (or whatever other drive letter).
        This fixed the issue. Thank you.

Now when I copy/paste all the brushes from Ued2 to Ued 3 and build the map, it's like the brushes get all disproportionate and out of place. How do I fix it to have the map build in Ued3 like it looks in Ued2? I haven't done this in almost 10 years, and I vaguely remember having to set an option or something like that.

Comment

You should export the map into T3D in UED 2 and then reimport it in UED 3. If that doesn't work either, a screenshot would be useful.

Comment

Working...
          X