UnrealEditor keeps crashing on import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealEditor keeps crashing on import

Whenever I try to import textures so I can add them into "myLevel" the editor just wants to crash with this error code:

"Assertion failed: MipmapSize <= Length [File:.\UnEdFact.cpp] [Line: 2613]

History: UTextureFactory::FactoryCreate <- UFactory::StaticImportObject <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (TEXTURE IMPORT FILE="C:\UT2004\Textures\Import\AdrenAlpha.dds" NAME="AdrenAlpha" PACKAGE="myLevel" MIPS=1 MASKED=1 Alpha=1 NormalLOD=0) <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (TEXTURE IMPORT FILE="C:\UT2004\Textures\Import\AdrenAlpha.dds" NAME="AdrenAlph).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WDlgImportTexture::ImportFile <- WDlgImportTexture::OnOkAll <- WButton::InterceptControlCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WDialog:oModal <- WDlgImportTexture:oModal <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Whatever this means I don't know but its annoying. Why?

Seems to be saying the mip maps (basically small versions of your texture at various sizes, they display when your texture is in the distance) are set up wrong. Did you save it as dds or was this an existing texture? You can try opening it in photoshop (with the dds plugin) and save it as tga, or if you saved it, check what the mipmap settings are in the dds plugin, and change them, hopefully you'll figure out what went wrong there.

Also, make sure the resolution is in powers of 2 (1024x1024, 512x256, etc.)

Comment

And if you don't add it to myLevel?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        And if you don't add it to myLevel?
        I tried to make my own "myLevel" it failed and I tried making my own utx file but it still failed but I did however managed to get all the textures imported by using UTXgaffer then exported them then imported them into myLevel.

Comment

Working...
        X