Triggers & Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers & Vehicles

I have a trigger that controls movers, and that trigger only reacts to vehicles.
    But if a player brought a vehicle into the collision of that trigger then left it and it got destroyed, the trigger will never be untriggered and the mover will never return to its original position.
    Here's a test map: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eMoverTest.ut2
    Maybe somebody has a solution?

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe using a scripted sequence to set a long timer to forcibly tell the mover to return to its original position. The initial vehicle trigger would trigger the scripted sequence that would then trigger the mover, and then wait some long amount of time before calling an untrigger event (I don't remember if the 2k4 uscript scripted sequences would support this though...).

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe using a scripted sequence to set a long timer to forcibly tell the mover to return to its original position. The initial vehicle trigger would trigger the scripted sequence that would then trigger the mover, and then wait some long amount of time before calling an untrigger event (I don't remember if the 2k4 uscript scripted sequences would support this though...)
      That wouldn't solve the problem even if there was an untrigger event which there is not...
      I have found a work-around tough. I've used Repeat Trigger Timer and set my movers to Trigger Open Timed. Basically every 3 seconds the mover returns to its original position and if the vehicle is still touching the trigger, the mover comes back.
      There's a timing issue (mover doesn't get re-triggered if it's in the open position and the repeat trigger timer seems to only account for tenth of a second, so the moment when the mover is re-triggered is visible) but it's not too big of a deal.

Comment

Working...
      X