Ut goty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut goty

HI guys, I didn't know where to ask this since there's no UT 99 Area but I was wondering if someone here could help me, I've been trying to do some stuff with maps from UT99 but they won't open in the editor. It says they are open but I just see black. The editors for every other unreal work fine, so I"m not sure what's wrong with this one

Any help would be appreciated !

Welcome to the forums! Yeah, it's a bummer we have no UT and Unreal section in these forums.
    However, there is (for example) old Unreal, a forum dedicated to the UE1 Unreal games.

Well, but to answer your question:
    If you lack packages (which the map needs), UnrealEd2.0 won't open the map properly and show black (unlike UEd2.1 for Unreal and UEd3).
    Check the log file to see which packages might be missing.

Oh and when modifying maps, make sure you save them under a different name and don't overwrite existing/default packages as that might cause version mismatch errors when trying to play online!

Comment

Those are the errors I get, I'll search google to see what I can find but I thought I'd post them here too to see if you can help Thanks for the advice on checking the log!

Warning: Failed to load 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Unreal Tournament\Maps\DM-Agony.': Can't find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Unreal Tournament\Maps\DM-Agony.'
      Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Unreal Tournament\Maps\DM-Agony.'
      Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Unreal Tournament\Maps\DM-Agony.'
      Log: Matched Viewport U2Viewport0

*EDIT*It appears that the directory was too long, simply copying my ut install to another folder with a shorter directory fixed it

Comment

Steam is somehow known for causing such kinds of troubles...

Talking about paths:
        Well, just keep in mind that there might be troubles when importing stuff when the path (or file you want to work with/import) contains spaces, it's always best having no spaces in the path just to avoid potential issues.

Comment

I just wanted to open maps to get a few refrences for a UE4 project. thanks for the info though!

Comment

Its forbiden to use any content from unreal games, in your UE4 project, i hope you aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
              Its forbiden to use any content from unreal games, in your UE4 project, i hope you aware of it.
              Sort of. Direct copying is forbidden. But taking inspiration (proportions, layouts, colour schemes) from them is generally fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Sort of. Direct copying is forbidden. But taking inspiration (proportions, layouts, colour schemes) from them is generally fine.
                So you are saying that if I make a game called UNRAEL TOURNAMENT, its fine. Cause i didn't use any code, its same game but, I made it with my own code etc. is fine?

Comment

You'd have to ask a lawyer to be certain, but generally yes. If it doesn't use the original assets, it's fine. Ideas aren't copyrightable (they're patentable, but it doesn't apply in this case). Though a name like that could be subject to trademark laws on consciously trying to mislead consumers.

Comment

Working...
                  X