Use vehicles in a deathmatch map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor7
    It's not an oversight. The vehicles can only be summoned in certain gamemodes, which suggests it was limited very deliberately - the Assault vehicles are specific to certain maps and the Onslaught vehicles are balanced for that gametype. It's up to the mappers to code their own vehicles if they want them. Somebody just needs to do a non-spawned vehicle class which mappers can use, and I shouldn't think we'll have to wait too long.
    that's my point.. limited to certain map types .. and .. up to mappers to code their own.. ya.. i could start with the free unreal runtime engine, but i'm not a programmer. I can alter and tweek some but i dont have a team to help me build a map. Map makers can unbalance any map.. so i see it as up to the mapper as to which vehicles he selects to put in.. and for that matter can tweek the vehicle attributes.. without digging in the script itself... except Epic didnt provide for foks wanting the vehicles in all gametypes.

I was trying to understate it by saying "oversight". More to the point, i find it shortsighted. Ya, a game cant be everything to everybody.. but with soooo many options and so much content and resources for this game.. i find it incredible that at least some of the vehicles cant be dropped into all maps right out of the box. A mutator or mod will just have to do.. if i'm going to do anything with the game, but i still hope a future patch will make for an official fix.

Comment

This is how I see it.

I like ONS and AS. However sometimes Id like to leave the objectives behind and just play.

Now for instance you take a map like DM-Panzer, but make it a larger scale. Or have a sort of large scale post apocalyptic "Terminator future" map with rubble and half obliterated buildings to hide in. Or even some sort of a BR-Battlezone with landmines, and air strikes and no BR. Desert war fare with bunkers and other hardened structures.
      You wouldnt have to battle the vehicles at all, or you could go vehicle to vehicle.

This would be a fantastic addition to the DM/ TDM theme.
      I dont think I would add vehicles to any exhisting maps, but rather create new ones.

The only way this would really hurt DM/ TDM is by perhaps stealing a few players from it

IMO, vTDM would kick some ***.

Comment

http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...n=file&id=3540

Comment

sounds nice... i'll have to check that out when i get home

Comment

Right on!

I was just starting to make a TDM map too

Comment

Only problem with a mutator, you don't want your map to required a mutator. If we could get this to work without a mutator, then more servers and people could play it.

Comment

If you look in the stuntHQ thread u will see that someone has tried using this mutator to use vehicles in DM and says it didn't work.

Comment

I can't believe that anyone would deliberately prevent someone from dropping vehicles into a DM map. I can't understand why.

Seems like it should be up to the mappers to try it out and see if they like playing it or not. I mean, I'd like to do that same thing for a map I'd like to build for me and my friends.

When some expert in the field gets around to creating a mod, please post here so I can make some DM maps with Vehicles.

Comment

Can you please elaborate on the Vehicle Invasion thing, I searched and found a site but it said you needed UT 2003 for some reason so not entirely sure what that was about.

I am trying to make an invasion level and having vehicles (or simply turrets) would increase the fun factor 100 fold. People need to stop judging gametypes that aren't even live.

Comment

Vehicle Invasion is already out there.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hicle+Invasion

It doesnt work really well though. ONS maps with the invasion code added..

This is what Angelmapper has to say about adding vehicles to DM..

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                      You need to code your own gametype, Epic didn't include one.

Make it a subclass of xDeathMatch and set bAllowVehicles to true.
                      If I knew how to code id give it a shot

Comment

Maybe u could make a mutator with script similar to the lowgrav mutator.
                        Changes the properties of any game type to bAllowVehicles = true; ?
                        I still think it might be possible to set in ur ini. when/if i get 2k4 i will see what i can do ne way :haha:

Comment

WHere is it??

where are you finding this " bAllowVehicles = true; " script at?

Comment

Well I dont know how to do this, but its definately a good idea
                            eventhough DM is fun, a vehicle DM would be fun as well.
                            Its definately worth a shot.

My only solution for that at the moment is do a Vehicle Capture the flag map... you can get it on one of the forums here,
                            Put the flags in an ENCLOSED ROOM, so NO ONE can get to them, and when playing just do a standard DM, frag each other, under a time limit, and you have a vehicle DM, make sure everyone knows what you are doing though =) they will be looking for the flags forever lol.

thats my only solution for this at the moment.

Comment

lol, would be funny to whatch them hunt for the flags...well I will try that and see what happens. CB out.

Comment

Originally posted by SeigMancerX
                                Well I dont know how to do this, but its definately a good idea
                                eventhough DM is fun, a vehicle DM would be fun as well.
                                Its definately worth a shot.

My only solution for that at the moment is do a Vehicle Capture the flag map... you can get it on one of the forums here,
                                Put the flags in an ENCLOSED ROOM, so NO ONE can get to them, and when playing just do a standard DM, frag each other, under a time limit, and you have a vehicle DM, make sure everyone knows what you are doing though =) they will be looking for the flags forever lol.

thats my only solution for this at the moment.
                                Ok, if you set the game type to vehicle ctf, won't there be teams? I would like pure DM action with everybody just going at it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X